Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Why am I salivating so much?

Ok, I've posted on her recently that I've just got over a nasty cough but the phlegm is still there and have got bad post nasal drip, particularly at night, in the morning, and when I eat (I suffer from stomach acid too so the PND and stomach acid are making each other worse).

I've been out for a lovely meal tonight but I suddenly have excessive saliva. I don't feel n* but I'm having to spit a bit to get rid of it. Is it the excess phlegm coming up? I also had quite a bit of dairy at dinner (a few cups of tea with milk, cheese in the pasta dish, and then ice cream) - I've heard dairy can make PND/stomach acid worse?

This excess saliva is really freaking me out as I associate it with n* and v*.

Please help

Default Re: Why am I salivating so much?

Any sort of dairy definitely makes nasal symptoms worse. Not sure why you're salivating so much. Did you drink extra fluids?

Yeah I did! Loads of Earl Grey tea, beer, peppermint tea...

It happens sometimes...usually for me it's anxiety. But sometimes when I have a cold it happens too. If you don't feel sick, you're fine. Extra salvation literally happens a couple seconds-to a minute before you v*. You're ok
    M I D N I G H T

Thank you it's passed now... I think I definitely associate salivation and needing to spit with v*. I hate how I can't even go out for a meal without it being ruined by my fear