Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help....Panicking

So it seems that this week I have been having panic attacks every night. Today I went over to my boyfriends house and was maybe in the house for a total of 20 minutes only to find out that last night his brother got sick and was v-ing but nothing more. He has been at his girlfriends house all week and was not around anyone with a virus. They think he might have got food poisoning or something just didn't agree with him. I wasn't even really around him and when I saw him it was like he hadn't been sick. I didn't kiss my boyfriend or even hold his hand for fear that he might have contracted what could have been the stomach flu. We (my boyfriend and I) stayed outside and I was maybe around him for 45 minutes. I keep telling myself that it is unlikely his brother had a virus since it is July and he hasn't been around anyone with the flu but of course my mind is getting the best of me.

Default Re: Help....Panicking

So now that I am getting tired I almost fall asleep then I get a quick stomach pain....now I keep wondering if I possibly have a virus. I took a zinc to boost my immune system....So scared!

I hate when I am almost asleep then all the sudden my stomach starts to bother me which leads me to freak out. It really sounds like you will be completly fine and will not contract a stomach virus. Hope ur feeling better and more relaxed!

Thanks for the reply. I finally fell asleep and feel better now. Apparently his brother who was Ving went out last night, yet I have a feeling that I am going to freak out again because I am supposed to go over to my boyfriends house for a date night. I hope everything is going well with you. We have got to remember that 99% of the time that we start panicking nothing is going to happen but it ceases to exist when your in panic mode. I am just pleased we have others to talk to.