Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriends family is sick... HELP

Friday was my boyfriends sisters birthday so I made her cupcakes and took them to her and wished her a happy birthday. That night both her and her husband got sick. I don't know if they actually V* or not. But Saturday I went to a fireworks show with his family and I heard them talking about how they weren't feeling good. I'm usually ok with these things because I wash my hands and NEVER put them in my mouth. But I just got off the phone with my boyfriend and his other sister "Just came down with the flu" So she couldn't go to work with him tomorrow. (they both work on the rez) I know Noro takes anywhere from 12 to 48 hours to show up, it's been about 26 hours since I was last with them and I feel fine, but I'm going on a small 2 hour trip tomorrow and I'm scared I'll get s*!!! Help please! Do you think if I got it, it would have already shown up?

Default Re: Boyfriends family is sick... HELP

There's still a chance they didn't v*! As long as you wash your hands after being around people from that party, you should be just fine. If you think your boyfriend may end up catching it, have him wash his after he spends time with them. Seeing as you were very careful about washing your hands and keeping them away from your face while you were around his family, it doesn't seem very likely you will catch it. Bring ginger candies, ginger ale, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, sea bands, and/or anything that helps keep you comfortable and feeling safe during the trip. Have fun on that trip, you will be okay.

Edit: I might add I was in this situation a few months ago. I kept my distance from my boyfriend and his family for four days, and disinfected anything he might have touched when he was at my house previously. Nobody else in my boyfriend's sister's family caught it, and neither did I.