Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help

Default Help

So I've been finding myself on this site more and more. My boyfriend and I and a year broke up almost two months ago now and I'm still not over it. I can tell ppl are sick of hearing me cry and dread and be sad all the time because who wants to be with someone like that???? Not me... Anyways, I've been feeling so physically sick when I almost run into him at parties, or friend gatherings because we're friends with the same group of ppl basically.. I just can't take it. It literally makes me sick and ok this is supposed to be about emet but I need help and or support on how to get over him along with stopping myself from feeling sick

Default Re: Help

There is nothing worse than a broken heart, and it takes time to get over it. I'm so sorry you are sad, but you are doing the best thing you can, talking about it. People may get sick of hearing about it, but true friends will understand and will listen whenever you need them to. Let yourself cry, it is ok to hurt, and nothing to be ashamed of. Basically, it will take time to heal, but you will heal!

I know exactly what you mean. A few years back, my boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me randomly, get this, through a txt message. Yeah. I too felt physically sick from heartbreak. The best advice I can give you is get busy. Date, not seriously, but get to know new people. Spend time with your girlfriends or take up a new hobby. Cry in the shower or in your pillow if it makes you feel better, but when the sun comes up, start your life again. Do things you love with people you love. The best way to get over someone is to fill the void with someone else. That's complete honesty. I don't mean a new boyfriend, unless that is what you want, but another person to spend your time with. It could be your best friend, or a sibling. It doesn't matter, being alone is just giving you that much more time to be upset about the time the two of you spent together. Give that time to other people and you will gradually begin to feel yourself healing.

Thank you. I'm trying so hard, but I find myself physically feel sick wether it be because he favorites something of mine on twitter or he txts me. I took all of his clothes back to his parents house today and they were SO happy to see me and they are so upset at my ex for like how he let our relationship fail. So it's been a really rough day an I found out he told my friend that he met a girl and wishes he could trade all the time we spent together to have with that other girl. Everyone tells me he's lying just to hurt me but I don't understand why he needs to hurt me when I never did anything to him. Ever. All I did was love him..he takes his family for granted he took me for granted... I feel like everyone who love him he takes for granted and just treats them like shit. I'm 17 btw and he is 18 I'm almost 18 and he is almost 19... I still feel so sad and am trying to stay busy and I'm okay in the day it's just the night when in all alone in my thoughts it kills me...