Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default rotavirus vaccine arriving soon?

I read it in a newspaper. I'm genuinely excited, althought I think babies in the uk only get it. I may go private. I'd be willing to pay just so I don't have to suffer. Anyone else heard anything about it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: rotavirus vaccine arriving soon?

Hi yes I think is given to babies before they are 3months I think?? My little girl missed out gutted but is said number of rotavirus cases slowly reducing with this vaccine and now maybe the norovirus vaccine things are looking good

Rotavirus has been out for quite some time.

The one most emets want is the Norovirus Vaccine.

Rotavirus usually only causes diarrhea in children, and minor stomach upset on average in adults.
    Norovirus is usually what is called the stomach flu: Nausea, excessive vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.

Rotavirus isn't anything and I think we've, or most of us, been vaccinated from Rota. I really, so badly pray that Noro Virus works... Even if it is a few years out, like 2-8, it gives us emets a hope. I heard from my friend that female trials aren't working so well so that stinks. Wonder if taking testosterone shots would change the results lol I'm desperate.

rotavirus has been out for awhile....daughter got the vaccine as a baby..usually only affects babies too a noro vaccine would be magical though huh!

Adults should not need rota vaccine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

I had no idea it was already here! I've been out of the loop for a while.
    And with the "only babies get it" thing, you never know. A new strain could crop up. Sometimes diarrhea can trigger v*. Quite radical, I know, I'll just do anything not to v*.
    I am only fourteen and a half...hahaha.

It was available for my 2006 baby when he was born, just came out a couple months before that, they give it routinely at 2, 4, and 6 months. It is oral, not a shot, but I think only for infants.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    Rotavirus has been out for quite some time.

The one most emets want is the Norovirus Vaccine.

Rotavirus usually only causes diarrhea in children, and minor stomach upset on average in adults.
    Norovirus is usually what is called the stomach flu: Nausea, excessive vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.

Rotavirus isn't anything and I think we've, or most of us, been vaccinated from Rota. I really, so badly pray that Noro Virus works... Even if it is a few years out, like 2-8, it gives us emets a hope. I heard from my friend that female trials aren't working so well so that stinks. Wonder if taking testosterone shots would change the results lol I'm desperate.
    Rota vaccine isn't routinely given in the UK if at all so almost everybody in the uk wont have been vaccinated against it. Its the same with the chicken pox vaccine - I think that's given in the usa, but not here in the uk.

Oh I apologize but thank you for letting me know about that information

No need to apologize You would think that vaccinations would be available to both sides of the world My daughter was very poorly with chicken pox, they were all in her mouth so she wouldn't drink and had to have an IV - I would have been thankful if that vaccine was given here because it was awful to see her that ill

Are they not available there at all? I am in the US and fully vax my kids but a lot of people think it is too much. Especially the chicken pox vax is controversial, a lot of people opt out of that one and instead hope their kids get it, and even have chicken pox parties, etc. to expose their kids to it because getting the illness is safer than the possible side effects of the shots, and better protection for the future, I guess. I think people opt out of the rota vax too, which us emets really don't understand if we can avoid the actual illness, but it is a newer one and the last one had some really bad results in some cases, so there is fear about that one too. I think too, maybe the MMR vax, is the one people think cause autism, so people avoid it or spread them out more. Huge debates here about vax pros and cons. (The schedule for US vax is on the CDC website, they get several pokes each visit, every couple months, for a couple years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mama76 View Post
    Are they not available there at all? I am in the US and fully vax my kids but a lot of people think it is too much. Especially the chicken pox vax is controversial, a lot of people opt out of that one and instead hope their kids get it, and even have chicken pox parties, etc. to expose their kids to it because getting the illness is safer than the possible side effects of the shots, and better protection for the future, I guess. I think people opt out of the rota vax too, which us emets really don't understand if we can avoid the actual illness, but it is a newer one and the last one had some really bad results in some cases, so there is fear about that one too. I think too, maybe the MMR vax, is the one people think cause autism, so people avoid it or spread them out more. Huge debates here about vax pros and cons. (The schedule for US vax is on the CDC website, they get several pokes each visit, every couple months, for a couple years.)
    no, I dont believe it is offered here at all...there were talks in the news last week of starting to offer it here after a rise in cases. Funnily enough my LO has had her mmr booster today lol. In UK there has been a huge rise in measles cases so there seems to be a bit if a mass vaccination for those who have not had it yet. My other 2 got chicken pox very mild, but my eldest was a whole other story.

I don't know about all emets, but any illness is a minor panic attack, or at least some anxiety for me, so I will avoid all I can! My 16month old baby just last Wed had a fever, she did V a couple times but that was because of her throat, I believe. I was a little anxious about that but knew it wasn't the main symptom, meaning if we got it, V isn't necessarily going to happen. Hubby started his fever Sat. and the rest of us got it Sun. (I have a 16 month girl, 7 YO boy, and almost 9 YO boy), and my little germ factory was healthy and getting into so much trouble yesterday while the rest of us were miserable. And that was just a virus with a fever, sore throat, and headache.

Oh my nephew had this vaccine. Lo and behold a few dats later i had a full on bout of vomiting and diarrhea this week. Awful. Horrendous. But at a good time in my CBT treatment for this awful phobia.

I thought I was going to die from dehydration as the diarrhea was so bad. The sickness was violent and disgusting. But I survived x

My kids sadly got a bad lot of the rota vaccine and ended up getting both the shot and the sickness. It truly sucks, but most people over five are usually immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    My kids sadly got a bad lot of the rota vaccine and ended up getting both the shot and the sickness. It truly sucks, but most people over five are usually immune to it.
    Yes, it's really a childhood illness and if you went to school as a child, you were probably exposed to it, even if you never actually had it. The vaccines are good though and I am surprised that the UK does not offer all the vaccines given here. I had chicken pox in kindergarten and it was awful, I had a horrible case of it and now I am at risk for shingles too. The vaccine did not exist back then though. I tell everyone to please vaccinate unless there is a serious concern of bad reactions, which is also why everyone able needs to be vaccinated as well, so those unable to get the shots will be protected through herd immunity.

Do not worry about getting the rotavirus as an adult, but anyone with babies, or if you have a child one day in the future, do get it vaccinated. Rotavirus is actually a leading cause of diarrhea deaths in children across the globe, often due to dehydration, so please, get your babies vaccinated.

Good for you, Mama76, for not listening to mercola's and wakefield's lies. I know there is the fear of new vaccines and fear of autism, but to date it is all unfounded and no, doctors do not get much money at all for giving vaccines. I am also very harsh about vaccines because my grandmother caught a mumps-like illness early in her pregnancy before the mmr vaccines were around and the child died suddenly at almost four months of age, which turned out to the be a rare heart condition caused by the virus. Thanks to the vaccine, that heart condition is basically gone in the US now. Getting these illnesses while pregnant is dangerous, babies and children getting them is also very dangerous in many cases. If vaccines are stopped from unfounded fears, all these sicknesses are going to come back and having done a lot of research on vaccines and the conditions they prevent, trust me, get the vaccines.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream