Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared to go to sleep

I am terrified to go to sleep tonight or early morning at this point. I ate dinner around 530pm and shortly after that i started to get weird stomach cramps like my intestines were not happy with me, then about 2 hrs later in rolled the nausea. I have been feeling sick ever since, and the more i worry about this the worse i think i am making it.

I have taken some phengran and zolfran and they have helped some but i am scared that if i go to sleep that i am going to wake up and V! I am so tired and i am fighting this sleep with a passion. its just that every time i close my eyes i keep seeing weird things like i am almost dreaming while awake..I call them fever dreams, because that is what they remind me of. I just need to know i am not alone...its just hard its 3 am and i have no one to talk to in my house because they are all sleeping.

Default Re: scared to go to sleep

This is exactly what I used to suffer with. You are most definitely not alone! I dealt with this by using a hot water bottle of something heated on my stomach to sort of take my mind off how it's feeling in there. If you were going to be sick, you would have been by now! Try grabbing a glass of water, or sticking your TV on or listening to music or reading a book if you can't sleep, then get some sleep, relax. You'll feel better in the morning after some sleep. Hope you feel better,
    Lacey x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: scared to go to sleep

Thanks Lacey,
    I ended up sleeping on the couch...still not feeling 100% but better, its amazing how anxiety can play such tricks on our minds at times.