Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Absolutely petrified

Went for a couple of drinks last night. When I was on my way home, I noticed my throat felt funny and it hurt to breathe in. Didn't think anything of it.

Just woke up in the middle of the night - feel s*, throat is burning, ears are burning, got mild d*, shivering, feel weak and achey...

I really don't feel well. Like I have a virus. Does this sound more like a flu type bug more than anything else? My throat feels horrible. But why do I have a dodgy tummy?

I'm so scared. I don't want to be s*. I ate out yesterday and weirdly I am worried about FP!

Default Re: Absolutely petrified

Could be dehydration from the alcohol. Try to drink some water or electrolyte drinks. Dehydration can cause nausea, weakness, shaking, as well as thirst and a raw throat feeling. When you drink alcohol you should always have a glass of water between glasses of beer or whatever you're drinking to help flush it out.

Is your throat sore? Like when you swallow? I'm very prone to strep throat and it always kinda starts out with those symptoms. I've never V'd from it though. Just an idea, but it could be some freak thing that just happened and will pass. Drink plenty of fluids and see how you feel after a bit more rest.

It could be from drinking and that you might be dehydrated or you could be getting some kind of illness but it sounds more like a cold because of the sore throat. There have been a couple kinds of colds going around. Drink some peppermint tea, that will help settle your stomach and make your throat feel better. When I get colds and viruses I always get n* for some reason, probably because I already have stomach issues. Also d* is normal for side affects of alcohol as well as viruses. Either way drink lots of fluids and maybe eat some yogurt for the d*. I hope you feel better.

I had three drinks so I don't know if that's related... But it's very hot here in Britain so maybe I was/am dehydrated. I didn't drink much soft fluids yesterday.

Ah yes one of my first thoughts was strep. I definitely had a fever as I felt hot to touch, but was cold and shivery. I've just woken up now after lots of rest and my throat feels funny. Achey almost. My body also feels achey. But the nausea and d* have passed... Is it common for throat illnesses to upset your tummy?

Thank you - I will try peppermint tea and yogurt. I love peppermint tea, it's a godsend! I didn't know yogurt was good for d*?

Yogurt puts good bacteria into your stomach I don't know if that's why aimee said to eat it, but i do know that that is a fact!
    Feel better hun xx
    M I D N I G H T