Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: two questions..

First of all, I may be staying over my grandmother's house, and she has this sinus issue so she can hardly smell or taste..the last time I satyed there she had spoiling milk and I nearly ate it..she tought it was fine. The next day she had it and I don't think she v*d, but her stomach was bothering her..and it was all clumpy by the time she threw it out..now I don't trust her food..when I go there I interrogate her about when she got it and look at the date and smell anything perishable...my whole family will be going up there, and my mom is a good "sniffer", so I get her approval before eating anything..plus, she's a nutritionist major. But if I'm going to be there alone with just her and my grandfather who once ate moldy strawberries every other color but red...what should I do??

My other question was, I was wondering if anyone felt these same sensations that I feel when I am panicking..: feeling of dread and sudden depression, feeling like your heart is sinking..kind of like a feeling of disappointment..

Thanks.

Yes when i have a panic attack i feel that i am dying literally - i feel that im totally out of control that i cant do anything - i feel totaly down upset depressed like i want to end it all - all the syptoms you get with panic attacks are all common so ur not alone.

Regarding ur grans house you arent forced by anyone to eat things you dont want to so stay clear of off or spoilt food infact HELP your gran and tell her its off and throw it out so she dont get ill and maybe suggest nicely why dont you go shopping together whilst you stay there ? buy some foods that dont go off so easily to make you feel better or if not just go out yourself and pick up some food that you know isnt spoilt that wont make you sick

xxx
    Sarah Louise - Were Alive, So Take A Deep Breath