Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can you catch norovirus like this?

Hello,

It's quarter to 12 at night here and I just went for a walk with my Mum (I know it's odd to walk so late!).

We walked around the streets near to us and when we walked down one of the roads (I think we were actually on the road as there were no cars, rather than on the pavement) someone made a pukey noise and then quickly shut their bathroom window. The bathroom window was on the second floor and was facing directly onto the street. It was a small house with a very small bathroom.

I'd say we were 3 metres away from the house but then the puking was happening on the floor above.

Is there any risk of catching norovirus particles from the vomit spray like this? I feel really anxious and have upset my Mum by asking for reassurance. I don't know whether I should have changed my clothes just now or anything?

xx

Default Re: Can you catch norovirus like this?

No. You did not even see the v... She could have just hacked.

Relax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Defo nto! dont be anxious about that xx

You will be absolutely fine hun, you have NOTHING to worry about at all. You would need to be in direct contact with any *v or *d particles in order to catch it. And you weren't. They might not even have been being sick. Relax.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty sure my phobia has got worse because I wouldn't have worried about that before!