Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else carry an Emetophobia 'Bug out bag' full of supplies?

I have an Emet 'panic bag' and I was wondering if anyone else does.

It's like a makeup bag but it has:
    Concealer: in case I look ill so I can conceal the whiteness. If anyone tells me I look ill, I panic.
    Two bottles of hand sanitizer
    Small plastic bag: Incase I'm sick in public and need to be discreet (It's one of the contributers towards my anxiety around vomiting)
    A small travel spray bottle of dettol: to clean tables ect
    Anti Bacterial wipes: so I can wipe down laptops ect.
    Face mask: I wear them on planes. I get funny looks, but who cares. As long as I avoid the vomit, right?
    Nail Clippers: Incase there is an 'alert' and I need to get clean quick

I know it's weird, but :/

Lacey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Does anyone else carry an Emetophobia 'Bug out bag' full of supplies?

Not really. However, I do carry plenty of hand sanitizer, I've never thought of carrying around all that other stuff... interesting, though.

Default Re: Does anyone else carry an Emetophobia 'Bug out bag' full of supplies?

I like to have a lot of that stuff on me when I go out too! Of course hand sanitizer and then a bag. I'm like you, one of my biggest fears is v* in public and it really does ease my anxiety to have a bag! It's not weird! It really helps me a lot!

Sometimes if my anxiety is really bad, I carry a little bag too in case it happens in public. It never does but it feels better that its there. I also have to carry water for when my throat feels tight from the anxiety or if I feel N* and then hand sanitizer is a must.

Hadn't thought of the concealer but I also hate it if people say.."Ooh you look a bit pale today" or something like that. I also hate it if people excessively ask if I'm ok when I am because then I start wondering if I actually am ok or not.. annoying!!

I carry in my purse:
    foaming hand sanitizer with benzalkonium chloride in it.
    dramamine
    gum
    &sometimes n* tablets
    M I D N I G H T

Hey,

Thanks for this thread!

I can't really go out much because of my problems (OCD and emet and recently developed social anxiety) but I'm going to make up a safety kit to help me to do more. When I have managed to go to a shop (once in the past 3 months) I've carried an anti-viral hand foam but I wonder if if I get one that definitely works for noro then I might be able to do more!

My kit would contain:
    - Anti-viral sanitizer
    - Gel based sick bags
    - Anti-microbial wipes
    - Domperidone or prochlorperazine (I have these anti-emetics at home and use domperidone very occasionally but haven't tried the prochlorperzine yet)
    - Tissues
    - Diet coke (the phosphoric acid in it is a mild anti-emetic)
    - A mask and gloves if I was travelling abroad, flying or going on a boat!

Wow! All these replies have been very interesting for me. I thought I was slightly mad. Thanks guys!
    By the way, I had no idea about diet coke being an anti emetic:') That's amazing, diet coke is my saviour for lots of other issues too.

Lacey
    Last edited by JustLacey; 07-13-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: stuff n things

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only thing I have to have on me at all times is chewing gum! Without fail I will have some in my pocket. If I am going out for the whole day though or something then I like to carry a bottle of hand gel in my bag.

Miss. Pink, I am the same way with chewing gum!!! I always have gum or mints in my pockets when i go out. I love the taste and chewing on them is an amazing distraction for anxious moments

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat319 View Post
    Miss. Pink, I am the same way with chewing gum!!! I always have gum or mints in my pockets when i go out. I love the taste and chewing on them is an amazing distraction for anxious moments
    I completely agree. They are great to rid you of *n too. I even go as far as if I do not have any pockets then I will tuck a packet into my bra. :P
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I thought I was the only one to do this stuff!
    I always have in my purse, (which got stolen out of my car yesterday, along with a broken window, so I have to rebuild-_-"
    Gum
    Wet Ones wips
    A little spray bottle with water, it helps with my anxiety for some odd reason
    Little disposable gloves
    Cigarettes, which is weird because I don't even like to smoke. It just gives me an excuse to leave and go outside so people don't ask "are you ok!?" I. Hate. That. Soooo much! It also makes me wonder if I am!!!

Miss pink, wow I also do that kinda stuff if I don't have pockets!!! I hate not having pockets at school cause I need somewhere to store my gum, sometimes in the winter I'll put the pack in my boots XD
    I even have a skirt with pockets which I love!

I need control, and kids are often out of control. I tend to carry a bucket in my car, just a plastic one I can put a plastic bag in just in case. If I get that call from school to come get them, etc., I am ready. Needed it once or twice, and thankful for it!! I feel in control if I know it will be contained, rather than having to deep clean my van. And if I feel N but know I don't have SV, it calms me having it nearby while I am driving, just in case, and I never need it.

Wow- never realized I kind of subconsciously do the same thing!

I always carry:
    -Multiple bottles of hand sanitizer
    -Ibuprofen (helps ease my stomach when I'm having really bad panic attacks)
    -Mints (also helps ease my stomach and nausea)
    -Bottled water (helps ease my stomach as well)

Can never leave home without them!

I carry a plastic bag in my handbag as well because i get scared about v* in my public, and just knowing it's in my bag eases my anxiety a little
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one