Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else use antacids?

I don't know if it works or maybe it's all in my head, but I carry antacids (Tums) with me at all times and I use between 2-8 a day. I don't know if this is bad but it just kind of gives me mental relief I guess. Does anyone else do this? Is this safe?
    - Jennifer

Default Re: Does anyone else use antacids?

Antacids are pretty safe yes, especially ones like Rennie etc. Obviously don't exceed what the packet says but otherwise you're fine.

I used to live off Rolaids (sometimes TUMS). lol. They do seem to work wonders for me. But the chalky taste got to be too much.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I used to live off of Tums Smoothies- started when I was pregnant. They're not dangerous or anything, but I try not to take them as much. I don't want to mess too much with the acid balance in my stomach, you know? Not harmful, though, so no worries.
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

I don't believe that tums are harmful at all.
    I was having dizziness from not having enough calcium (I don't drink milk, only cause I think the taste is yucky haha) so my doctor told me to take two tums a day as a calcium supplement. I've been doing this since April and have been fine!

Nope, I do the same too! I feel so anxious if I go out without them, since I might feel n*.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"