Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Marinade that expired a year ago :(

Tonight I ate some steak that had marinaded overnight. It turns out that the marinade expired over a year ago. I've been feeling icky since dinner so of course now I'm worried that I'll v later.

Anyone have experience with year expired old things :/

Default Re: Marinade that expired a year ago :(

Marinade is basically just oil, soy sauce and seasoning so I doubt you'd get sick from it You're probably just anxious and full after you ate.

I Google Lawry marinade expired, and the only hit was someone who ate it after it had been expired for only 5 months and hegot v and d

NO GOOGLE MEW. Poster could have lied or got sick from meat that was not up to temp. Google is not a friend of emets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

How was the marinade stored before it was used? Often if it was sealed, air tight in a jar or if it was tinned, with the ingredients mentioned above, it should be fine. Just not good for your anxiety

If it was sealed, it is fine. If it was opened and in your refrigerator, I would expect that it would taste weird but not be harmful. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was open and hanging in the fridge... At least I hope he was storing it there! So far I'm fine which is good!

Your friend needs to clean his fridge more often. The others are right. You're probably fine.