Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My daughter was sick earlier now I'm OCDing!!!!

My 4 year old was sick earlier my head is all over the place. I really want to bleach EVERYWHERE but then I'm thinking my other daughter and my partner haven't had a shower since then so there both going to be spreading the germs and it could be a sickness bug! I hate feeling like this has anyone got any advice? Should I not clean to try and get over this OCD? I'm only ever like this when someone or myself has being sick.

Default Re: My daughter was sick earlier now I'm OCDing!!!!

Hi Gem,

I'm sorry this has happened. It's okay to clean when there are specific things to clean and someone in the house is ill.
    Bear in the mind that this might just be rotavirus, which mainly affects young children but it might still be a good idea to disinfect.

For cleaning:
    - It's best to use a bleach solution or spray to disinfect the toilet flush, the taps and sink, door handles etc that your 4 year old has used.
    - Remove the communal hand towel from the bathroom that your daughter was ill in and get everyone to have their own instead
    - If you have a communal toothbrush holder then use gloves to remove your daughter's toothbrush and put it in sterilizing solution (and perhaps put the other brushes in another bowl of solution).
    - If your daughter is sick again or has diarrhoea then put bleach (or some other toilet cleaner) down the loo and put the lid down before flushing
    - Instruct all your family members to wash their hands thoroughly for 30 seconds or at least as long as it takes to sing the alphabet song (if you have liquid soap then this is ideal but any soap is better than none).

I hope you're okay xx

Were they with her when she was v*? If they weren't right next to her while she was getting sick I doubt that they are spreading germs. Lysol the area where she was sick, give her a shower and try not to worry. I think (no, I know) we go overboard when someone gets ill. Was she only sick one time? If so, it could have been anything! Kids do that for no apparent reason. I know that it's not a comfort now, but really, it's not uncommon for them to just randomly v*. If the area is cleaned up, she is scrubbed up and nobody was standing right with her, I really think you're safe!

Thank you emet-ana and syrup so so much!!!! We were all with her when she was sick coz we were all in the living room which was where she was sick. My partner was the one who cleaned it up. She was sick twice the second time I had to hold her hair back so I was pretty close.