Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Having pretty bad anxiety over stomach bug - help please :(

So my boyfriend's sister (who seems to catch stomach bugs - last time I posted, it was about her as well), caught a bug of some sort. She was miles away from home. She returns the next day. My boyfriend and I get out of the house as fast as possible, and I disinfect my hands and parts of my car. He brought food - I cautioned him not to eat before washing his hands. Oh well. We were away for three days...and he woke up this morning and was sick. Nobody in his household or that was around his sister caught it. Luckily he made it into the bathroom on time. My tummy felt a little off last night, but I am okay this morning, aside from terrible anxiety. I was very clean the entire weekend. As soon as I knew he was sick, I put on gloves and started disinfecting stuff he had touched the previous night, and his things that he had brought over. He has since left. I haven't disinfected my room or the bathroom, but I've shut the doors and will do so soon. Knowing his family, they probably didn't disinfect much, and it surprises me they didn't catch it after the 3-day incubation. I usually make him wash his hands, and there is a definite possibility he may have lied about doing it.

Long story short: Boyfriend's sister caught sv, boyfriend and I left house as soon as she arrived back, boyfriend's family remains sick-free after 3-day incubation period, boyfriend got sick at my house, and I have been carefully disinfecting everything.

My question is, what do you guys think the likelihood of my getting sick are, and why do you think that my boyfriend, of all people, caught it?

Default Re: Having pretty bad anxiety over stomach bug - help please :(

Maybe your boyfriend didn't wash his hands like he said my fiancé will do this and I constantly am reminding him to wash his hands. It's unlikely you will get sick since your washing your hands and disinfecting things hang in there! It will all work out

Maybe he just ate something that didn't agree with him. *hugs*

Maybe. He ate right before bed, and got probably got 5-6 hours of sleep. He ate something he normally does, though. I was thinking it was possibly foodborne, but I was also thinking about how the people she was staying with out of town ended up with it, too. I was near him the entire weekend, and I didn't kiss him when he woke up (phew!).

**GRAPHIC**: He was sick twice, had an uneasy painful, and noisy stomach, and pretty intense n*****a 10min before it happened. He didn't feel too feverish, and he wasn't dizzy or shaky. The next time it happened it was 20mins later. No d*. His mom mentioned that his sister didn't have d* until the second day, and was only sick a few times on the first day. I haven't heard of anything quite like it, so I'm a little extra worried. >_<

Update: His dad has caught the bug, too. I haven't had food or water in almost 19 hours and I'm freaking out.

You should be drinking water. Dehydration can cause naudea and vomiting. It can also cause your body to start shutting down completely. Take some vitamin c for immunoty boost.

Please have something to eat and drink. Not eating or drinking will not prevent sv and will only make you feel weak and n*. You sound like a super clean person, it probably won't come your way. *hugs* I hope your bf and his dad feel better soon.

Thanks, everyone. You guys have really helped. The rest of my family left, so I took the opportunity to bleach the kitchen, light switches, bathrooms, and other commonly picked up household objects. They will be bringing me a bottle of water and something organic, vegan, non-gmo, pre-cooked, and frozen. Don't think you can get much safer than that. I have another hour and a half to go before I get food and water. I discovered mildew on my fridge's water dispenser during my cleaning adventure - gross. I should be okay soon!