Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Ok long story for you guys. I work in a shop in a town about 7 miles from my home town. My boss also lives in the same town as me. Her husband manages another shop of the same chain in our home town. Three of his staff have been ill. Two of them were v* last Sunday (not yesterday) and one other called in sick on Monday.

Of the two who were ill on sunday, one of them had been at work on saturday, along with the girl who was then ill monday. They all recovered within 24 hours or so I think, but the girl who was ill sunday said she was v* again thursday. My boss' hubby wouldn't have worked with this girl on thursday, i think wednesday was the shift he would have shared with her, and possibly tuesday also.

I am worried in case he gets the bug and then gives it to his wife and she brings it into work and i get it. Would he have been ill by now if he was going to get it? And if he is/has been ill and she hasn't told me (she knows i'm emet) she'd have had it by now right? I haven't worked with her or seen her since friday, and I won't until wednesday.

Should I worry?
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You guys....do you think i'll be okay?
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I honestly think that as long as you keep washing your hands regularly and avoid touching your face too much you will be fine. I work in a school and almost every week one of the kids or staff is off because they have v* but I rarely get it (touch wood) and if I do it's an upset stomach.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Thanks Hale. I haven't been into contact with anyone who has v* so I should be ok. I ten to touch my face a lot but I don't notice I'm doing it until I'm afraid there's something going around. Weird huh?

To tell you the truth, I touch my face quite a bit too! Obsessive about washing hands after going to the toilet, before eating and after touching anything I think is 'dirty' though.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.