Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: a phobia of d*

Default a phobia of d*

i am so sure i use to have a phobia of d* too. anyone else had that?

see, i overcame it. i could not say how, just by convincing myself it wasnt dangerous and its best to let it ...um out if it wants to come out.

so can my phobia of v* be overcome in this exact same way?

see the thing is ive had d * more times than i could possibly remember, btu v*not so much which is actually totally norma. if i just had v* more id know how to cope with that. id overcome it just like the fear of having d*.

Default Re: a phobia of d*

I am, but to a lesser extent. Usually it's the anticipation that terrifies me--the possibility, and the idea that it could lead to v*. If it ends up actually happening it's unpleasant but I've dealt with it. I know it happens to me (or used to before I started taking probiotics) a lot for reasons that had nothing to do with food poisoning or viruses. So I just got tired of it and started taking probiotics lol. Still sometimes I feel like it's going to happen and I get terrified (like now lol) but mostly it's like "what if I get it when I'm out somewhere? at school? in public?"

It's gotten to where I'm afraid of d because I'm afraid it will lead to v-ing. That's because the last time I had v-ing, it started with d. Now every time I have loose bowels I get all worried.

Susan

Same as Susan. I NEVER have d* apart from when I have a SV*, so I fear d* because I know that it will probably lead to v* eventually.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

For years, I've had the mentality that if I have d*, then I won't v*. I know, even seeing it right in front of me on the screen after I typed it, it's totally wrong! But when I'm having one of those moments, and I have d*, even if my stomach doesn't feel any better, I'm way calmer after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Same as Susan. I NEVER have d* apart from when I have a SV*, so I fear d* because I know that it will probably lead to v* eventually.
    There have been several times in the past where I had liquid d without v-ing. Maybe some of those was the sv with just d.

Susan

For me, Diarrhea usually follows vomiting so I think that I am in the clear if I expel from the basement and not the attic first.

I've never been timid from diarrhea and I would LOVE to trade in Emet with some sort of Diarrhea phobia. I could combat that fear easier than Vomiting.

Diarrhea? Honestly? I usually attempt to clear my bowels first BECAUSE it helps lessen the chance that I may v*. Think about it; your digestive system wants to evacuate. Which direction would you rather it go?

Over the last few years i must have had D* 30+ times without any sign of V*, at the start of last week i was eating bread that was off, it didnt look mouldy on the outside but i worked out that it was bread that was giving me D*, that happened every day for 3 days in a row but through all of that, i never felt nauseous at all, i do still get nervous when i get D* just incase its the start of a bug/virus, but i think im living proof that in no way does D* mean you will definitely V*

i don't have a d* phobia mostly because i think i use d* as a tactic to try and avoid v*.

that might be completely silly and non-scientific but it has worked for me in the past, to try to stop myself from v* at all costs and then i would have d* and feel much calmer after, feeling that since i had d* my body won't need to v*.

a d* phobia is obviously legitimate though too, *hug offers to anyone who also has that* even though mine is just the v* phobia.

I'm afraid of it, bc I know that (usually) means Im sick. And it makes me think its more possible to V* also. I get the SV every year, and always D* and never V*. whew.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)