Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Constant Nausea and Anxiety: Need Advice

Hello,

So for the past few weeks, I've had spells of really bad nausea. In the past few days, it's developed into near-constant nausea. I've been to a doctor, and there seems to be no answers. It's assumed that I have IBS, but no one can really confirm if I do or not.

A big issue I'm running into with this is the fact that... I have a few things that I do when I get nauseous out of habit. One is I grab a 7-Up or Sprite. I also prop myself up, and prop my legs up higher than my head. And the third one is that I crave contact with another person. That's the number one thing that makes me feel better is being close to someone.

For the next 5 days, I'll be completely alone. I'm terrified to the point where I'm honestly considering just not eating anything but saltine crackers and ginger tea the entire time. I have Phenergan, but it usually takes about 2 hours to kick in, if it works at all. Any advice on what I could do to make things easier? I've been slowly weaning myself off needing contact, but I only began that a week ago, and I don't feel ready to just take the plunge and be alone for days. Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated, as would any tips on how to reduce the nausea that I can't seem to flee from.

Thank you,
    Moon

Default Re: Constant Nausea and Anxiety: Need Advice

Wow, you're the first person I've seen post with similar habits to me! I've been having a sv* scare for the past 5 days (boyfriend's family, possibly my mother), and I was alone most of the time. I spent many hours crying. Being alone is the worst, and all I've eaten in the past 36 hours is a half of an energy bar and I took a probiotic capsule. The only thing that has helped me are turning on the TV (makes it feel like there are people in the background) and using the computer at the same time. I play World of Warcraft, so being able to talk to people AND focus on leveling my characters has been my #1 comfort. On Monday, when my anxiety really started, I spoke with a very lovely person on this site via the IM chat bar for hours.
    Good luck, and feel free to message me. I usually keep this site open when I'm on the computer.

although i'm the total opposite and need to be alone when I get anxious I totally understand.......I would bet that the thoughts of being alone in the back of your mind are what are causing the constant n now........find some good distractions and I bet you will feel much better. I play trivia online in a live chat room.....so lots of "stuff" going on and you really have to pay attention so it's very distracting you will be just fine......and be a stronger person for it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm exactly the same. However, my nausea hasn't been all that bad in the last 5 months. It's recently gotten worse because of this stupid hot weather, though!
    I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I am nauseous, I cannot sit in the living room because I feel even more nauseous. I think it is because the living room is where I sat for days when I last had a SV*, so I started thinking about that and felt even worse. It's weird, because when I get up and go in my bedroom, it sort of eases off.

Anyway, enough of me babbling on. I play games, draw, or go for a walk whenever I feel nauseous, as I always feel better after.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Hey guys, thank you all for the advice.

I may be talking myself into this, but I'm feeling really nauseous right now. I've tried taking Phenergan, drinking ginger tea, resting, getting fresh air, distracting myself.. nothing is making it better and im freaking out.. I don't want to be alone right now but there's no one nearby

Hi MoonsHeart. It's been two days since your last reply, so how are you feeling now? Sorry that I didn't see your reply earlier, I don't come on here that often anymore. My nausea is exactly the same. No matter what I take, eat, or drink, nothing seems to make it better. I do have acid reflux though, which might be the root cause of my nausea. I am not sure about yours though. Sorry that I am no help..
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"