Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default do you ever v for no reason?

Iv`e noticed that sometimes people v for no reason whatsoever. I used to do that when I was little. If I got sick as an adult, I always knew what caused it. I think that v that comes out of nowhere is the scariest of all, because I`d always want to know the reason if I was ill.

Default Re: do you ever v for no reason?

It might seem like no reason. The reason is usually an upset stomach, and sometimes there's no reason for an upset stomach. I've had food just not sit right, and if I was a "vomiter", I'd have probably vomited, and there was no reason for it, seemingly
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes. When I was 17. Hardly anything came out. But it was terrifying and before that I hadn't v*d since I was 8 or 9. It happened twice, my Mom thinks I worked myself up so much with anxiety that I made myself v*, though. Because I wasn't ill but was very anxious. And that episode was what started my debilitating anxiety. Even though I've been emet since I was 10, it got so much worse after that episode.
    M I D N I G H T

There would always be some reason, you may not know what it is/was, but something has to trigger the reflex
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Yeah I don't think its something that can happen for no reason, same with d*.

There's always a reason for it. Something has to cause the body to force its stomach contents up instead of down. It could be something as simple as getting overheated, but something has to cause that reaction. It can seem like children get sick a lot for no reason, but there's usually still a reason. Children have more sensitive stomachs so it is more common for them to get an upset stomach or bellyache over simple things that wouldn't be an issue for most adults. I used to get bellyaches randomly as a child, but rarely did it ever cause me to vomit. Children also are still learning how their body works, so may not always be as quick to realize that feeling a certain way means they will vomit and how to express that they feel like they are going to be sick. This is particularly true of toddlers. Babies often throw up from food disagreement, especially as their body discovers new foods with new textures.
    I know it's easy to say and harder to get it through the mind as an emetophobic, but I try to remind myself that vomiting is the body's way of removing an offending item, problem, toxin, virus or bacteria out of the body. It's unpleasant (and that's putting it mildly for me since I am terrified of vomit), but it is a normal body reaction to get rid of something in the body that doesn't belong there. Same with diarrhea. And actually it's the same with sneezing and coughing with colds and influenza. It's all the body trying to expel that awful bug. And the same with fevers too since it's how the body fights infections. Not much consolation, but I try to remember that when I can. Doesn't do much in the moment, but I find facts can help ease the mind sometimes.