Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So terrified--help calm me!!

It's 3AM and I don't know why but my saliva keeps coming into my mouth really heavily--way more than normal. I'm having uncomfortable gas. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in my stomach but I don't know if it's panic or real. I'm leaving for hawaii in a few hours and I can't be sick!!! There's medicines and stuff but it's all packed away for the trip. I'm just scared. My mom said she was going to throw up yesterday but then two seconds later she said it passed and seems to have been fine since then but I'm paranoid I don't know what to do!!! It's so dark in my room since my light isn't working...HELP!!

Default Re: So terrified--help calm me!!

You're probably nervous about the trip! Maybe you could light a couple of candles and listen to some music?
    There have been MANY occasions where I have thought I've been hypersalivating but the reality of it is just that you're aware of your salivation and because of that you overanalyze and you assume you're hypersalivating when you're really not, you just normally don't think about it. Try to just relax and maybe eat something or go to sleep if you feel like you can, and enjoy your trip!