Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Feel like v* most of the time :(

I don't know if it's due to Acid Reflux or what, but I am almost always feeling like I may v*. I actually feel it reaching up in the back of my throat, but never goes any further than that. Weird thing is, a lot of the time I don't actually feel THAT nauseous. I can eat and drink just fine. Sometimes I don't want to eat or drink anything though, which is scary because it makes me think that sometimes I do get REAL nausea, which means I could very well of v*. Ugh. Also, I'm getting these horrible burps that taste like v*. Hate these burps, because I need to force them to make them pass. I don't know what's wrong with me, or why I get this. No one understands how frustrating and how much anxiety this causes me... I feel like giving up most of the time because I really can't cope with it anymore. I've seen several doctors and even they don't know what is wrong.. Apart from saying I may have this and that..

So annoying that I have an extreme phobia of v* and I feel like v* most of the time! I don't know what to do, or why I even made this thread. I think I just needed to vent more than anything. Or some reassurance that I won't v* or something..
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Feel like v* most of the time :(

Hi there, have you tried any antacids such as rennies, gaviscon or tums? It sounds like acid reflux or indigestion is what is making you burp like that and have the feeling in the back of your throat. I would suggest taking some antacids and trying to eat normally but possibly avoid citrus such as oranges or other citrus fruits or fruit juices and acid things like vinegar. It sounds like you'll be fine and trying this should bring improvement. Hope it helps

Sounds like acid
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds like bad indigestion. You may want to consult with your doctor or GI doctor about ranitidine or omeprazole.

I've been on every PPI/acid reducers you can think of, and nothing works. It seems like I only get relief if I eat every 4 - 5 hours. If I eat in-between or anything, I feel awful for the rest of the day. I've lost count how many times I have gone to the doctors over this issue, and I only get told it's bad anxiety, nothing more. I've got to go back to the hospital in 2 months since they didn't even perform an endoscopy last time I went.. Getting tired of this.

Food allergies? Eosinophil esophagitis? Food intolerances? Have you been keeping food diary? HUGS Hope you get answers soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Cynna! Been a while since I last saw you, how have you been doing?

I think that it could be esophagitis as well I won't know for sure until I have further tests at the hospital (which will be a while.. ) Ah, well. I've survived with this for the last 8 months, I'm sure I can survive a couple more months.