Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default International flight

I'm going on a flight from Australia to Europe in a few weeks and am panicking. My IBS has been playing up really badly the last week, the closer it gets to it.

does anyone know if there are usually spare seats on a plane? I'm worried that if someone near us is sick, will we be able to move? Also, do they clean the toilets often? We're going with Singapore airlines.

and is bad turbulence common? I'm worried about the plane dropping and it making people airsick

any advice would be really appreciated.

thank you

Default Re: International flight

I have never been on an international flight, but my husband and in-laws just flew to France from America and back a week ago, and they are all fine and didnt witness any air sickness. My husband just drank an EmergenC in his bottled water before and after to help with hydration. Besides the 6 hr jet lag, all was well
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

We just got home from Jamaica a week ago today and going and coming I didn't witness anyone with air sickness and flying into Jamaica is always rough. Very turbulent and bumpy and sways a lot. Our flight from Charlotte NC to Nevada there was at least 20 kids on our plane and I don't think any of them got sick. I always take a Valium and put in head phones. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Do u remember what sort of plane it was?
    that's a little reassuring I think I'm hearing about too many horror stories.

How many mg of valium do you find helps you?

thank you

We were on a 321 US airways plane going and coming. I took 5mg going and a 10 going home cause all the kids. It seemed like a lot but I was really scared getting on that flight with all those kids!

I know how you feel!
    we've been given 2 seats by ourselves at the back of the front section of the plane but they're right in front of the toilets. We're trying to get seats at the front but it will be in a 3 seater so we'd have someone next to us which isn't ideal.
    what would be the best seats for an emet?
    thank you!

I have been on countless flights and never witnessed anyone being airsick, and I was looking out for it. I have been on one or two flights with bad turbulence but it isn't like a constant rocking motion on a boat so even with that it's unlikely to cause airsickness.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I am just freaking out. I think I've heard too many horror stories