Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Keeley continues to take those big steps

Keeley and I went to talk to her Dance teacher this morning to see if we could ease her back in to class this Fall. This was one of the activities that was taken away from her due to the emet in January. keeley had to drop all her classes due to her overwhelming panic and anxiety at this time. She missed it so . Keeley was asked to go to class tonight and she went!! It was a 2 hour class and she told me she could do it and did! honestly i didnt think this day would come when i would be able to drop her off to an activity like this again. she has come a long way from dpending all day and all night sitting in front of a toilet waiting to be sick to being able to take a dance class for 2 hours! this was a huge step for her and i couldnt be prouder . please when u think its not possible to do something you love think of my little 11 yr old keeley who has battled her way to get to this point! I will continue to help and guide her but i cant take these steps for her! hope and pray it continues! much love yo u all!

Default Re: Keeley continues to take those big steps

Awwww yay I'm so glad for Keeley!
    I remember you saying she was ill a while back, how did that effect her emet?

Kittycat.....i believe the recent day that Keeley was sick was a huge stepping stone in her therapy. we speak of it often to try to use it as a daily exposure for her. she realizes that yes she hated when she V...but realizes that shortly there after she was ok. im hoping it will be what she needed in order to get better. i pray she returns to school this Fall as my happy little girl! I hope all us going well with you...

Wow that's very impressive, I'm so glad that it was able to turn into a positive experience for her!!
    And thank you, I've actually been doing quite well! I've been in counseling since my anxiety got quite bad in march but it has decreased immensely. I've recently graduated high school, I've been out with friends almost everyday this summer and can't wait to start college in the fall!
    I hope both Keeley and I can continue on this positive streak