Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh bad anxiety 3yo with d*

So my almost 3 year old said before nap her tummy hurt. I gave her probiotics and rubbed essential oils on her tummy. She woke up about 3:30 and since then (5hours ago) she has had d* 4 times. She ate dinner fine and is running around but I'm freaking out. Bad. Last time she had d* she ate kinda and played still we were out of town so I wasn't as cautious and I caught it (well we assumed hers was) and now only 3 months later she is having d* again. The last one was back in May and she had one only 2 weeks before that. Ugh I'm freaking out. Seriously can it be yet another bug? She eats really healthy, takes probiotics, sleeps good but has a molar coming in and has been putting her hands in her mouth a lot. I'm so scared! So very scared. Please help.

Default Re: Ugh bad anxiety 3yo with d*

All three of my kids had d when cutting their molars. I would not worry, if she is acting and eating fine.

Even though she had 4 bouts in 5 hours? I'm seriously freaked she didn't have d* with any other molars. Only thing that gets me thinking otherwise is she is eating. Ate some cereal for breakfast, pb&j and chips for lunch, 2 chicken tenders and a crap load of peas for dinner and saw cantaloupe watermelon and honeydew in the fridge and is now eating that. I have loaded her up with probiotics. I'm praying that whatever it is its not contagious. Ugh I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM811 View Post
    Even though she had 4 bouts in 5 hours? I'm seriously freaked she didn't have d* with any other molars. Only thing that gets me thinking otherwise is she is eating. Ate some cereal for breakfast, pb&j and chips for lunch, 2 chicken tenders and a crap load of peas for dinner and saw cantaloupe watermelon and honeydew in the fridge and is now eating that. I have loaded her up with probiotics. I'm praying that whatever it is its not contagious. Ugh I'm scared.
    Yes, I actually spoke to our pediatrician about it. The theory is all the extra saliva that's caused during teething screws up their digestive system. She is probably eating a lot, and it seems like a lot of cold things, because it feels good on her teeth.

My twin sons did the same. One ate hard bread, the other ate grapes all day.

Ugh she just had another small bout almost looked liked mucus.

Poor baby. :/
    See if you can get her to take some children's pepto.

Ughhhh still having it tonight although from 9am till 9:30 she only had 6 and has ate like a cow. Everyone keeps saying its just a little bug and it has me freaking out!!!!

It sounds like teething to me or she ate something she squirreled away for months in her secret hidey hole that kids always seem to have. I'm sure she's fine and not contagious. Just keep her hydrated. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    It sounds like teething to me or she ate something she squirreled away for months in her secret hidey hole that kids always seem to have. I'm sure she's fine and not contagious. Just keep her hydrated. *hugs*
    It sounds like you need to go with the worse case scenario, which for you would be that it's a bug. What can you do to make yourself feel better about it? Remember that you'd have to eat the particles to catch it. Put the seat down when you flush her d* away, spray down anything that she touches between the toilet and the sink with a bleach/water spray and then help her to scrub her hands properly. Even if she DOES have a bug, it's not a sv* sentence! You can avoid it easily. Try not to worry.