Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Old bacon?

Default Old bacon?

I ate a sandwich from a local, non chain shop. I eat there all the time, and today I got a sandwich with bacon on it. Only the bacon was really hard - almost stale.

I've eaten that sandwich before and the bacon never felt like. It didn't taste off, but it didn't really taste like anything.

I feel like it had been cooked yesterday, then possibly left out.

Any chance of illness? I know bacon is pretty stable given the salt content, but I'm a little nervous.

Default Re: Old bacon?

They have different cooks everyday..Im assuming.. Someone probably over-cooked it, making it more on the crunchy side. Some ppl like it that way! But IF what you are guessing is right, I would think you'd be okay.. Probably would have to eat more than a couple pieces.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

You're probably right. I'm not super panicy, but I'm going rafting in about an hour for four hours. Not an ideal place to be ill.

I'll just focus on having a good time, and if I'm not sick by the end of the trip then I'm probably not going to get sick

Can't see a chance of illness. I have eaten bacon like that many times and never had a problem with it. Also could easily have just been overcooked. I love eating overcooked bacon!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it