Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: gallbladder

so i finally went to the doctor last thursday. ever since i got sick back in january i've not really felt good. i've also felt REALLY nauseated about 5 times since then and less nauseated countless times in addition to that. i got so sick of everyone telling me i was just anxious and that was making me feel ill, and i kept telling them NO something is wrong. no one would believe me though that it wasn't just in my head and i hated that.

but anyway, i went to the doctor and i told her how crappy i've been feeling all year long and that i v* back in january for the first time in my adult life and about my phobia and how i just can't deal with this.

so she told me she thinks it might be my gallbladder. and now that i've been thinking about it for a few days, it makes sense. my boyfriend had his gallbladder out a couple years ago, but his attacks were much worse.

all of my attacks, whether severe or not, were after i had eaten fatty food. so that makes sense. also, my nausea is accompanied by this TERRIBLE pain. which isn't normal.

while i am absolutely terrified of having surgery... the tube down the throat freaks me out the most i think... i almost WANT to have gallstones so they can go in there get the whole thing out and FIX me.

the doctor gave me some acid reducers and wanted to see me again in two weeks to schedule the ultrasound to see if i even do have gallstones, but i don't know if i can wait that long. i might have to call them right now and tell them to just do it.

after i got sick in january i thought that maybe the phobia would get better... and now that this has come to the table, i think it MIGHT just if i can get rid of whatever it is making me feel ill. after i got sick then, i just kept feeling sick off and on and random times and that was awful. couldn't figure out what was making me feel bad. now i think it may be the fat.i have been not eating much fat in the last few days and i feel better. i still do feel very full after eating (which is another symptom) but that isn't as bad as feeling ill.

sorry for rambling. i just wanted to see what you guys thought.... and if anyone has had surgery where they had to stick the air tube down the throat, let me know how you dealt with that. i know you are out when they put it in and take it out, but even just the thought of it having been in there makes me crazy.

elizabeth

Hey Elizabeth,

I haven't had gallbladder infections or whatnot. But I know people who have, and you will feel better if you have this done!

If you want them to do it straight away, call and tell them that. The sooner you know, the sooner you can be on the road to recovery.

Sorry I can't say much to help, but know that you can come here anytime and have someone to talk to. Must be awful to feel so yucky all the time.

Hope you feel better, please update us!

Good luck <3

sorry, i dont have any advice i can give you, but i hope it all works out soon.

thinking of you.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have the same symptoms as you do. They give you an ultrasound for a gallbladder test, which is not a scary test at all. I did not have gallstones, but my gallbladder is very small, which could mean it is infected. The doctor did not think that was very likely though, so now I need to get internal tests done. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

good luck to you too then sweetfreak, thinking of u as well [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'm sorry they couldn't find what was wrong with you sweetfreak. i hope SO MUCH that i just have the stones and that is the end of that. then i can get the surgery and be done with it.

i don't know how i will pay for it... even with insurance, but i guess i can deal with that as it comes

elizabeth