Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Little Incident Tonight

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in a long time, I've been doing pretty good with my emet. Being home from school for the summer has been great. I've been able to regroup to a degree.

Anyways, tonight I was at my buddy's place. His older sister was visiting with her little kids. When I walked in the door she was coming down the stairs and saying how her little kid just threw up. Great, lovely way to start an evening. Well she continued to say he just kept coughing so much that he threw up. So she brought him downstairs and he was still coughing a lot. He actually coughed RIGHT IN MY FACE...ugh.

So my question is, do you guys think that whatever this kid has could spread to me? And that I would throw up? It sounds to me like it was a respiratory thing. This kid is like 3 years old...I dunno, maybe he just throws up a lot. I'm not freaking out but I'd just like some piece of mind. You guys think it's noro?

Default Re: Little Incident Tonight

Aww poor thing. I wouldn't worry too much about getting sick. It def sounded like he had a chest cold or something similar.
    The older you get, the more likely of a chance you have built up SOME type of resistance to infection in general, which means that kids may (and usually do) get sick easier than kids.

Please don't rack your mind over this.

I have 3 kids. Kids do tend to throw up from coughing too much, weaker gag reflex than adults. He may not even be sick, could be asthma or something making him cough. I really don't think it would be noro.

He could have some sort of cold that is making him cough from too much drainage. When I was younger, that happened to me. I coughed for a long time until I finally v* from coughing and excess drainage. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. Sickness is way lowered in the summer! Maybe just take some vitamin C and I think you'll be just fine! I'm sorry that happened to you, though

Well so far I haven't gotten sick...I did take some airborne that night. But I did just find out that my buddy who was there that night ended up throwing up a few times last night. Do you guys think this was a coincidence? I'm really hoping I can't catch whatever he has!!