Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Any advice?

Default Any advice?

I saw someone posted something similar to this so I wanted to see if anyone had advice for me also? I have some issues with the date July 28th because I've had some extremely bad expiriences with it, and unfortunatlely, the day after is my birthday. A few years ago, I was about to turn ten and I walked into the bathroom to see my sister self harming herself. That's how my fear of the date started. I had to stay up all night waiting for her to come home from the hospital. The next year, my brother was sick right beside me in the car. Last year, everything was okay but I basically quarintiened myself in my room out of fear. I'm really scared because it's just a few days away and I'm really afraid someone's going to get sick again. I know it's not completely emetophobia, but I need some advice. I appriciate any help you can give me.

Default Re: Any advice?

I have the same thing with September 25th. That's my day. And it's been that way for 12 years, though I've learned how to manage it a lot better. My first year, I v* and that's when I got the fear. I was deathly afraid after that, but I just faced it and I was okay. Now, I just take some clonazepam and it helps me chill out. Find things to distract you, and if you're able, make it a chill day at home. Movie day or lay in bed and read all day, since it's a Sunday. Do things to lower your anxiety and you'll be surprised how easy it is to get through the day. Good luck! You'll be just fine!

Default Re: Any advice?

I know it's frustrating... But u guys have to remind yourself that a date is just a date. I have my own weird dates...Like i hate new years eve, for some reason. Im sry u are so anxious, especially when u should be celebrating and excited about your bday! Just try to relax when it comes and let go of the fears
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)