Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety... Stomach ache/heartburn

(I know i always start out my posts on what i ate and how much but i think its really important when it comes to this stuff) So i ate A LOT today.. A lot more than I normally do. And I also had a little bit of alcohol tonight.. Of course right before bed i start to get heartburn and im very bloated. Now im anxious and naseous (which is prob from being anxious)... Im very scared im gonna V*... The heart burn is scaring me the most. I already took a klonopin and am drinking a ginger ale scares me so bad (even tho i havent V* in over 12 years) that maybe this one time i actually will V*. Its so terrifying to me. Every little stomach pain I get automatically makes me anxious that im going to V*.. Any home remedies for the heartburn other than ginger ale? Its 4 am here so I cant go get anything help please. The responses help!

Default Re: Anxiety... Stomach ache/heartburn

Now im starting to panic.. Im soo incredibly bloated feeling w bad heart burn!! So scared I hate this feeling.. All the anxiety and naseoua. Laying down is only making me worse. Ugh its 415 am here i should be asleep but of course im up having anxiety!!!

Hi, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I'm in the same boat right now. I ate too much today and fell asleep only to wake up an hour later in a panic, thinking it was going to happen. I'm so tired, but scared to fall asleep cause I still have that feeling in my throat. I hope you were able to calm down and get some rest!

You should get some maintenance heartburn meds such as prilosec or zantac. Gas x will help with the bloating. I hope you're feeling better!

That's definitely how I feel right bkw. Ate way too much today and drank one beer, but I just feel ick. Hope you feel better now. Unfortunately when I'm like this the best thing to do is prop myself up in bed and burp lol.'

+1 for sitting up in bed, thats always helped me, also chewing mint flavoured gum has helped me when im suffering from acid reflux/heartburn, that could be worth trying.