Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Women's One A Day Multivitamin and V'ing

I just took a Women's One A Day Multivitamin. I ate about 3 hours ago. Right after taking the vitamin I ate an icecream cone. Now after googling I'm seeing that this vitamin is notorious for making people v after taking it. Needless to say I am officially concerned now.

Is this really as common as the internet is saying? Should I be concerned about v'ing from this? A lot of the sites say it happens fairly quickly but it's literally only been about 10 minutes since I took it. My doctor wants me to have one every day but if it's going to cause me to v I really don't want to do that >.>...

Default Re: Women's One A Day Multivitamin and V'ing

Hey Mew!

I take the women's one a day gummies everyday and I have never v* from it
    I did become n* from the teenage version which were swallowing pills.
    But the Internet definitely sensationalizes things, so I doubt anything bad will happen just try your best to stay calm.

You'll be alright! There is nothing but good vitamins in those. I didnt know they had gummies. Im def gonna have to get some of them, bc the ones my mom has are huge huge pills..and I cannot Take them! Oh, and maybe some ppl can get sick taking them, bc they dont eat with it. You are supposed to eat before taking the pills/
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I have never v* from them but have become n*. I won't take them anymore because of that.

I've heard it can be fairly common to become nauseated from multi-vitamins (and I had the same issue when I took ones that you swallowed). However, ever since I started taking the gummies one, I've had zero issues, whatsoever.

Have taken multi vitamins many times over past several years & have never v* nor did I even know it was a side effect!

You should def eat when you take them and it can help to take them before bed. People who feel sick from taking them are usually taking a vitamin that their body doesn't need. There is actually a blood test where you can see exactly what vitamins your body is lacking. GNC has the option of hand picking your vitamin packs. I cant take anything with iron, makes me sick. My iron is really high...even when I was prego my iron was perfect and I could not take prenatal vitamins. Hugs

Oh wow....so I took womens one a day every day, no joke, for 10 years (from the time I started college until getting pregnant with DS). I never felt nauseous or v from them.

Fast forward to last spring...I have been either pregnant or nursing for most of the last 5 years, so I was on prenatals, which def make you nauseous (all that iron...), but after I weaned DD I went back on one a day....and they actually made me MORE n than the prenatals!! I tried for a week, but every day I was miserable for hours after taking them, so finally I just stopped altogether. Maybe they have changed the formula sometime during the last 5 years?

But to answer your q-I switched to naturemade and have had no problems. Or as others say, you could try the gummy ones. Been there, though!

I know this post is a few days old but I thought I'd chime in. Multivitamins will typically only make people feel queasy if taken on an empty stomach and I know this from personal experience. I took one ONCE on an empty stomach and seriously thought I was going to v. Luckily I did not however, just ensure you always take one with food on your stomach and you'll be fine.

I take GNC women's multi without iron, the iron makes me N. No issues for me if it doesn't have iron in it.