Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mad. Feel jinxed!!!!

My dad was here the other day. Today he said my house made him sick. He said his stomach was upset. And then told me he said that just so I can panic and clean my house. Later he called and said he had D and then felt better. So I told him thanks. Now that he said that I keep thinking everyone is gonna be sick and he told me they are. He kept saying stuff like that to me and then told me I'm gonna catch it, it's enevitable. I'm so angry and feel jinxed now. I hate this. And I'm so angry at him for antagonizing me.

Default Re: Mad. Feel jinxed!!!!

Not cool . I hate when people "kid around" like that. It seems innocuous to them but they truly don't understand how saying something like that can lead to a downward spiral. There is nothing wrong with your house and if your dad really did have d*, more than likely it was one of those fluke things from something he ate. I'm sorry he planted that seed in your mind, Hun!
    Try to shake it off-I know it's easier said than done.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Wow, thats really not nice of him to do that to you. When he knows your fears Im sorry hun. It will be okay tho!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

It's been a bad day. All I can think about is what my dad told me. I was unusually hungry today which makes me more anxious. Then watched Evil Dead and all the blood grossed me out and made my stomach turn. Had 3 panic attacks during the movie. But isn't unusual. I don't do well with horror flicks. My dads trying to be nice. But I'm too angry at him.