Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default new baby 7 week old with v and d and i'm nauseous...help!!!

so its been a long time since i've been on here. thought i had this fear kicked because i made it through pregnancy and delivery without having it happen. i managed to stay off anxiety meds too. now i have a 7 week old who seems to have some v and d. the v seems different than her spit up. and i've been nauseous all day. had a zofran half an hour ago. haven't managed to eat that much. last night we went to friends house and their 3 kids were all over the baby. i don't think any of them were sick though. i'm freaking out for 2 reasons--is my baby going to be ok and am i going to v?? do kids this little get bugs? i am panicky and worried that every time my baby is sick i'm going to panic. but please help me deal with right now.

Default Re: new baby 7 week old with v and d and i'm nauseous...help!!!

That's VERY unlikely. Babies (up to a year) are unlikely to catch stomach viruses due to the fact that they have so many antibodies from the womb. I REALLY doubt that a seven week old is going to have an actual sv*. His/her digestive tract is still adjusting, which I am certain is the reason for the spit up and loose stools. If you are breast feeding the diapers might be runny now and then for no known reason, my boys diapers certainly were! Both of my boys had a bit of reflux as well (which is normal with babes) and were BIG TIME spitters. Relax, it's not a sv* and you aren't going to be sick.

Since she is so young, if this keeps up for long, please call the doctor. I would think such a young baby would easily get dehydrated. However, if it's one of those one day only things, I would just chalk it up to one of those weird baby things. Babies often seem to get v and d for no discernible reason. I hope you and your baby feel better soon.

when my son was that little, he was v*. it turned out to be the start of reflux, but he did not have d. when they are that young, the nurse on call said they needed to be seen after 2 episodes of v. they dehydrate more quickly. hope your baby and you both feel better soon!

Make sure she is having enough wet diapers. If she is spitting up, is it a whole feeding? If she is nursing, could you have eaten something she is sensitive to (like beans, broccoli, milk, etc.)? Sometimes their poop will change, normally not a concern. My most recent baby had normal baby poop for 2 months then it turned constipated consistency and stayed that way for well over a year. Yeah, not sure why, I nursed and never changed my diet. Or they can have greenish foul smelling diapers, but that should be fine for a couple days, still doesn't mean they are sick necessarily. You are probably N from worry over your baby. Feel better soon!