Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Please help I'm so scared and sick of life right now please help!

Yesterday morning I woke up and had some bad n* but it went away. I worried about it all day and its 1:30 in the morning here and I can't sleep. I have anxiety pretty bad right now, I have some lower abdominal discomfort, and I am so tired. I actually slept for a half hour until my n* returned. The thing is, whenever I talk to someone like my mom or dad, my n* goes away and I feel better. Why does my mind have to do this to me!?!? I can't live my life anymore! Please help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Please help I'm so scared and sick of life right now please help!

Not sure if this will make sense, but you will have to find a way to forget about this. The more you sit in this filth, the dirtier you become.

Go outside... call friends... join groups on facebook... watch some Youtube videos. I wouldn't watch anything with commercials because it gives us time to either focus on our fear or the commercials may cause us to think of it.

My friend let me borrow her gameboy thing and it is working great for me!

I am dealing with this right now so I can totally relate and I want to start off by saying I am sorry you're dealing with this.

Like SoVerySorry mentioned, distractions ARE great!! I use some of the same distractions mentioned in that post! I would like to say, however, that not everything gets better by simply distracting yourself. When we distract, we are not getting to the root of the issue. Distract, though! Keep doing it to help you NOW! But if you can, look into long-term help like therapy or even medication if need be. If you can't afford therapy, there are many fantastic workbooks for CBT as well as phobic behavior.

I know for some people distraction may be enough, but for me my panic is bad to the point of going out with friends, panicking, then tying that event to that situation and never wanting to do it again (though I always try again!). It sounds like, similar to me, you have a lot of issues rooting more so in anxiety than just in a phobia. The phobia seems to be worsening the anxiety feelings. I empathize with you and truly hope you'll be able to get help. Keep your head up. There's no quick fix but you CAN do this!

The good thing about it going away when you get distracted is that it means you are not sick!! I would always say, okay, it went away, that means it's anxiety. I spent soooo much time and energy worrying, feeling anxious and nauseous and not knowing it was only anxiety. I'm much better at it now, but it still happens. I know it sucks...keep trying, it will get better, and as you get to know your body better, you will find it a little easier. Hang in!!

Tbh i think most of your n* and stomach pains are anxiety, u pretty much answered your own question there, just try and relax and distract yourself
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one

Do you have any hobbies? Hobbies be so absorbing, you forget to be anxious. Did you make model cars or planes when you were little? No need not to continue that now. I have loads of hobbies and it really helps.