Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Wow what a difference a few months has made

I was posting and checking on here daily when i was going thru a really bad time with my emet. I was at the point where i was nearly agoraphobiac, i was barely eating or sleeping and had to be signed off work for 4 months. I also lost my best friend to a tragic illness. I sought therapy went on meds
    , locked away my anti emetics and read an amazing book by Rob Kelly for curing emetophobia and well fast forward to now and wow .... I am back at work and using public transport everyday, im swimming 5 times a week, im going out and eating out at least once a week, ive been eating foods i would have considered unsafe, ive took my driving test (i failed but i am so glad i was in th position to be well enough to take it). Im not living life in fear anymore if it happens i will deal with it, after what ive been through this past few months theres nothing bringing me down. Im off on my summer holidays to turkey in four weeks for two whole weeks and im really looking forward to it and for once my emet is not ruling my excitement. Ive not had an anti emetic for 3 months and i have not even felt like i have needed one.

I think my reason for posting is just to give others hope that with a lot of hard work and sheer determination you can get thru this but you have to make it happen. I would not have got thru this without my determination and my boyfriend of four years he told me i would get thru it because he would drag me thru it. The phobia not only affected me but also my loved ones. It really really can be beaten. I also highly recommend rob kellys book it is amazing and i think that is the main reason i am writing this today

Default Re: Wow what a difference a few months has made

That is great news... good for you! Can I ask what kind of emet you have /had... was you scared of vomiting yourself or of seeing others?

Mine is of both myself and others. Id say when i was younger it was more about others but in recent years its been more about myself. It escalated when i was diagnosed with GERD in december and every movement in my stomach i associated with that i was going to vomit. Then it got to the point where i couldnt get out because everytime i left the house i ha panic attacks and the panic attacks made me feel nauseous.

I just looked this guy up and have ordered that book,,,, thanks for sharing

I ordered his book a month ago and should get it any day! I'm very happy to hear that you're doing much better!!!!! I can't wait to read it.

Please do the book honestly its amazing im going to re read it on holiday just cause ill be out of my comfort zone