Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Treatment that worked for me.

Hi guys, just like all of you, I was an emetophobe.
    I couldn't be near babies, I'd run away if my dog was sick, I couldn't be around drunk people in clubs or bars etc.

But the thing that helped me was the Thrive Programme. Written by a guy called Rob Kelly. He has a workbook out specifically to help emetophobes overcome their fears. The workbook has done wonders for me and my confidence.
    If you'd like to know more, then check out his website. Just type "Rob Kelly Thrive Programme" into google.
    The workbook is a fact and research based book. Give it a shot and see how you do :-)

Jen x

Default Re: Treatment that worked for me.

I've done/doing this too.

Ive done this it is amazing and it truely works. Ive spoken to rob a few times now and am hoping to train to be a thrive therapist

I've ordered this book and cant wait for it to turn up.... I really hope it helps me!!!

John if you need any help and support with the book then please just PM me anytime

Thanks Asil, I will take you up on that! I spoke to Rob Kelly today.... he knew my age which freaked me out a bit lol.....anyway, im happy to give anything a go!!

Ordered it a month ago and should receive it this week! Can't wait to start reading it!

Funnily enough guys, I'm already a fully licensed Thrive Consultant. I have my website set up and raring to go. jenlantdotcom
    Prices are still being finalised, but if you'd like to take up treatment with me, and you're worried about money, just submit a form on the contacts page and I'll see what we can do for you.
    Much love!

Jen x

Hi Jen
    what sort of treadment did he used, was it exposure therapy?
    I've had this for 35 years and tried everything but nothing has helped.

What qualifications do those of you who are Thrive 'therapists' have?
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Question, do you thrive consultants have emetophobia also ? Or are you recovered from it?

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.
    Been busy with work and clients.
    Most Thrive Consultants, depending on their age and how long have been in practice are generally not as understanding of the Thrive Programme as they've not been taken through the process themselves.
    Each has individual qualifications, again, depending on where or how long they've studied.
    Because I'm so young, my qualifications are literally with the Thrive Programme and being fully licensed and insured. I'm currently studying for a degree in psychology along with my practise, so I can better myself as work goes on.

The treatment is in no way exposure therapy. I wouldn't really call it CBT either. It's a research based workbook to help you overcome your fear, it gives you the evidence and the confidence/self esteem you need to overcome your condition with the help of a consultant.
    You won't be made to watch videos of people being sick, you won't be made to do anything you're uncomfortable with. It's simply changing the way your mind processes the information about your phobia.
    A phobia is basically a fear of losing control, and being out of control in that certain situation.
    The Thrive Programme actually has a higher success rate than exposure therapy and CBT.

I used to have emetophobia, but have now recovered from it using the Thrive Programme.

I've bought my book June 30 and still haven't received it :/ I emailed rob from amazon but he's on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaikey View Post
    I've bought my book June 30 and still haven't received it :/ I emailed rob from amazon but he's on holiday.
    Shipping to the US does take a bit longer than usual, it has been a while though, next time I check in with Rob, I'll see what I can do for you. If you've not received it by this time next week, then try contacting him again.

Thanks Jen, I've been waiting so long for it. amazon told me it should of been here July 29-August 9th. I will contact him again Friday if it's not here then.

I got the thrive book and its really good but you need to keep at it otherwise the emet creeps back in. I read it back in June and really need to go back as the anxiety is slowly coming back. I would love to go and see a therapist and work through the book with someone. It's just too expensive for me

Does this book help with emetics that suffer from getting sick themselves?

I ordered it from amazon last week. It said I should receive it sept 10 aprox.

i am not afraid of other people's V , I am afraid of doing it myself. Thats what I need help with. Will this book help me too?

This book is guaranteed to help anyone and everyone. But you must remember to stay open minded and positive about it. If you don't take in what the book says, then it won't work.
    Our minds are programmed in such a way that if we don't believe something is going to work, then yup, it won't work. If you believe something will work, then you'll take the time and effort to make it work.
    The book describes Coue's Law, "when imagination and conscious will come into conflict, imagination invariably gains the day".
    Which means, in your cases, if you imagine you're going to be sick, and make a huge thing of it, then your rational thinking is being over-ruled by your imagination, therefore, you will make yourself sick by worrying over it.
    Does that make sense? Of course, that's just a tiny part of the book, there's so much more in there that will help and be described to you to help overcome your phobia.
    It's not IF you overcome it, it's WHEN.

Im going tp order this book from amazon asap. Does it really help and how long did it take you? X

The book has 14 chapters, so if you really stick at it, and do on average, one chapter a week, then it should take around 14-15 weeks. But if you follow the chapters correctly and do all the actions and exercises. You should start to see a difference within a couple of weeks.
    It takes dedication, but I'm confident that it'll work for you

If anyone has any questions that they don't want to post on the forum, I'm a fully licensed Thrive consultant, I've been through the book myself and overcome emetophobia using the book, then you can send me an email at enquiries(at)JenLant(dot)com
    or visit my site JenLant.com

Just purchased the Thrive Programme, and I am really hoping that it works. I have dealt with this for a long time and it is to the point where I actually feel physically ill almost all the time! So tired of it and I am ready for a change!