Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How long are everyone's non vomiting streaks?

My longest span was from 8 until 20, so 12 years. That time was food poisoning from egg drop soup. Then I got pregnant at 22 and v*d a couple times then and once during labor from the pain. Then not again until the next time I was pregnant at 24, v*d a couple times in the beginning and once again during labor. Then the last time I v*d was the first time I had a sv since the time when I was 8 and that will be 2 years ago in January (the span between the pregnancy v*ing and that was 2 1/2 years) I'm 26 weeks pregnant right now but was lucky enough to avoid v*ing so far... Is bad that the only part of labor I am dreading is the part where I v*!?

30 yrs for me and I have never had a stomach virus....

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    The time calculator said

104 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes and 11 seconds

Vomited twice in the last year, but it is probably karma for going a year without it so I think I'm done for the year
    Ha ha oh dear, that is very precise to say the least lol

I did a 15 years streak then exploded, following that I am on a 9 year streak but I am trying to work on not caring, I do care though, grim.

10 years, last time i was 12 years old and i just v once, im 22 and hope it wont happen again

22 years. I haven't V'ed since I was 8, and on Friday I did.

in last 10 years i've v'd 4 times. once at a sleepover in 2003 which was horrific soiling everything waking others up with projectile v'ing not being able to help it. b5 years later i blame greggs sausage roll havent touched one since. 4 months later in dec 2008 5 days before christmas was a university SV i think. was blaming a burger for that but then my oor dad got it. march 2010 was my last sv so `3 tears ago that was horrific as well just because i knew i was gonna do it. can really relate to you all being clear about the dates and reasons you all b'd because thats what i'm like.

Longest streak was from just after Christmas 2007 to around this time last year, not bad.
    My current streak, like 3 days
    Probably still break that streak in the next few days...

For me, it was just over 13 years. From August 1997 at the age of 9 until November 2010 at the age of 22 as a result of a stomach bug.

My longest streak was probably around 7 or 8 years. At 14 I had the bug that gave me all sorts of issues (coeliac disease, lactose intolerance and emet) and then I felt nauseated every day but never v* for about 8 years.
    But in the past 6 years I have had a bunch of "events": I had some form of bug back home when I was 22/23 and v* a bunch of time (went to hospital for rehydration), a year later I had a bad reaction to something and v* once (again went to hospital and spent 3 days in isolation as I had just come back from an African country) and then maybe 3 years after that I had what I think was mild food poisoning and v* once and felt awful for 24 hours. That was about 20 months ago.

However, none of the more recent "events" have been as traumatic as that one at 14 and I am still terrified of something like that happening again. My biggest fear is having to v* repeatedly with nothing in my stomach and "not being able to stop" (I know you always end up able to stop at some point, but I get this feeling like I might not be). And the expectation. To know it will happen but having to wait for it... alas, I am aspiring to post "22 years" or something like that at some point in the future too!

I last v'd in July, a few days before my birthday -_- My best friend was also so I think we had food poisoning as we had eaten out together a few days before we v'd.
    I was fine after a day or 2 and I went camping for my birthday just like I had planned. I wasnt emetophobic and i was care free. until reecently... Ugh... stupid emetophobia....

13 years...though I've come very close a few times.

Sorry for a slow reponse. However. Yes. That is what she had told me. No one in my family really got sick a lot. (Knock on wood). She lived a long life. Was not sick a lot that I recall. My mom and dad have never had a sv. Yet. I am still terrified of it. They are not tho. Crazy why I am the way I am. Could never figure it out.

Next june= 8 years. I had not V*ted since i was 9..

10 years after next month.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

My longest streak I think was always two years or so. I'm pretty pansy like that. Last I threw up was a month ago from acid reflux/gastritis.
    Life is so worth living.

I'm 25, the last time I threw up was when I was in elementary school with a stomach virus. I don't even remember how it feels.

^ Like
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Pink24 View Post
    I am on 18 or 19 years. Can't remember the exact date as I was only about 6, maybe 7 the last time it happened.
    I know this is relly late to be replying to you and you probably wont read it, but vomiting IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK! most people who havent vomited in so long as you make it worse in their minds then itis
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

4 months 1 day hahaha. Its cool though Who dont love a bit 'o vomiting now and again?
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie-_- View Post
    I know this is relly late to be replying to you and you probably wont read it, but vomiting IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK! most people who havent vomited in so long as you make it worse in their minds then itis
    If I could even get my mind around that mind-set I would not have this phobia. But to me it is the worst thing and something I never want to have to do again. I realise it is probably inevitable and it will happen one day and then maybe I will realise that it is not that bad, but until then I am going to go out of my way to prevent it. My streak is not that long really compared to some people on this site.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

As far as I can recall, I think the last time for me was when I was about 10 years old and I'll be 42 at the end of the month. So, about 32 years? I've come close, though, due to sv's, pregnancy, etc. I'm hoping my family and I can get through this sv season with little to no anxiety.

My longest streak was 34 years with out vomiting. Threw up due to a bug in May 2012, It wasn't as bad as I thought, I found it more annoying than anything, as I was tired, I am not bragging about that long streak, as I think i was more afraid of the not knowing than the actual act.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie-_- View Post
    Who dont love a bit 'o vomiting now and again?
    I'm going to presume that was a joke, otherwise you are in the wrong place lol.
    i think it has only been two years since I vomited last, then if was 5 or more years before that and then around 10 or more years before that. The last 2 times I vomited I caught the virus from eating out, so either the food handler contaminated the food or it was a form of food poisoning. Had I not eaten out, I would be close to 20 years. Unsurprisingly, I don't eat out anymore!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I was 12 and had food poisoning. Now I'm 40. Have had lots of sv and such over the years, and 5 kids. Don't know how I did it. Sheer willpower I guess.

5 years thats long

Last time I v*d was in 1987 and I was 11. I just turned 37, soooo 26 years. I've had a couple of close calls but fought through. I've had multiple surgeries with zero issues (including gallbladder, wisdom teeth, hip x2, ankle, and C-section) and was pregnant with zero morning sickness. I used to be pretty paralyzed by my emet but I'm a lot better now, at least in terms of all the "avoidance" behaviors. 26 years and counting and thankfully I seem to have good genes!!

Last time I know for certain I v* was August 1986. So 27 years.

I may have v* a little one time in 1991, but I'm not 100% sure anything came up that time. I have very bad acid reflux, so sometimes I get very vile tasting stuff in my mouth from that, but I'm not sure it's actually v*. Two very close calls after that - May 1997 had a stomach virus and was extremely close, but nothing came up. In 2007, went through eight months of bi-weekly chemotherapy and during the first treatment, I was extremely close to v* several times. After that, my doctor adjusted the anti-emetics and although I had definite nausea for the next several treatments, I was never close again from chemo. I figured I would throw that out there because most emets would be terrified of doing chemo, and it might help to know the drugs are so good that even a VERY n&v provoking chemo regimen can be survived with no v*. Don't let this phobia kill you!

My dad told me the last time he actually v* was from rum in college. So his streak has to be close to 40 years. I think we have the same crazy immune system as he also had a blood cancer (which he survived chemo for with no v* as well). My mother and two brothers have definitely had stomach viruses from time to time, but my dad seems immune to them.

I wonder if you and your dad are non secretors, and if non secretors have any association with a greater risk for blood and bone marrow cancers? If you don't know what I'm talking about, most people secrete markers for their blood type in their other bodily fluids like saliva, etc, and norovirus uses these factors to gain a foot hold in the human gut. As far as we know, norovirus has yet to figure out how to infect people like that, but it's a mutation that is said to come with some other health issues sometimes, but not always. Interesting food for thought. Glad to see you post once in awhile, and hope you're staying healthy. You might be interested to hear we had another cancer survivor recently post her story in here too. "Rakastan" I think is her handle.

Well, I don't recall ever being v* as a child. Neither do my parents, not since I was a baby. I v* once as a teenager from alcohol, once after giving birth to my daughter six years ago when I was 21. Then once two years ago when I got noro. I'm 27 now, my family is down with noro at the moment, so I'm terrified.. But, need to remind myself I've literally v* three times in 27 years.. Chances are slim, right?