Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How long are everyone's non vomiting streaks?

Mine is in my signature :-) just curious
    Lacey x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How long are everyone's non vomiting streaks?

My longest was from the time I was 8 or 9, to the time I was 17. So 8 or 9 years. The one after that was a year & 9 months. And I don't talk about my current streak.
    M I D N I G H T

.... the longest current streak was.... 3 years, and that was the streak before now.

My longest was 8 years and 2 months, then I got noro in december 2011, so my current streak is 1 year and 9 months

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am on 18 or 19 years. Can't remember the exact date as I was only about 6, maybe 7 the last time it happened.

I'm not sure I want to talk about exact length of my current streak but the best I ever had was a month short of 11 years, the one before that was a little more than a month shy of 7 years. And so as not to be superstitious I guess I should say that the last time I v* was Dec 20, 2007. I'm 32 years old, so you can see between streaks I've spent too much time worrying about what is for me a rather uncommon event so far.

I went from the time I was 10ish until I was 22. Then I went from 22 until I was 29. I was not emet. and never really washed my hands. When it did happen it was nothing either time! Quick and just a blip on my life screen!

Mine is also in my signature. On my web site, you can read the streaks of various emets who have reported them over the years: http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/streaks.html

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Mine is 7 years and counting. Last time I v* I was 10 or 11.

17 years next January. I last vted because of too much alcohol in 1997.

Last time was in Aug 2011 so about 2 years.. hope i do not have to do it again for A LOOONGG time

I was 11 and after that, not until I was 26. I'm 33 now and haven't vomited since then, though I've had noro twice since.

I haven't had a stomach virus since I was 15.5, so almost 10 years. However, every time I get a cold I vomit from the excess phlegm. Yuck, I know. I wouldn't really call that sickness though, as the vomiting is not contagious. I haven't had a bug though just because of age really. Older we all get, the better our immune systems until we hit about 60 and then the immunity starts to wear off. Not counting those with weakened immune systems for other reasons as that's not typical and just happens to some people unfortunately.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

19 years and 3 months...starting to get superstitious now with the big 2-0 looming next year. I know I shouldn't as my stomach doesn't know what year it is. Thinking back 1994 does seem like a hell of a long time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I've had a 3 "close shaves" in that time and survived a week-long norovirus outbreak in a youth hostel in 1996. Three out of 50 children didn't contract it, thank God I was one of them! (honestly that was hell).

Maybe you're a non secretor, Kawaii. Some people are born pretty much immune to it. I wish I was.

16 years, from age 8 (had noro) to 24, had fp* then 3.5 months later I did again due to a gallbladder attack, then 9 months later due to acid reflex, then 2 years got noro in November 2012, then just had noro again 2.5 weeks ago.

Wow, Leslie, you've turned into a barfing machine! Has any of that upchucking made your emet less severe? Even for a while? Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

16 years. Have come very close, between pregnancy and having the SV, But i wont let it happen!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I have had 2 close shaves tho.. first was when i think i had low blood sugar.. second when i had a bad mirgrane.. nothing came up tho

Almost 7 years *KNOCK WOOD*, which is my current. Before that was about 4.5 years, from July/August 2002 (I did it both months) until January 2007. Actually I v* many times in 2002, but both of those instances I mentioned were from dehydration I think since it happened on super hot days.

23 years. I guess my body thinks it's 'safer' to digest ANYTHING before making me v*.

Visit me at

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Wow, Leslie, you've turned into a barfing machine! Has any of that upchucking made your emet less severe? Even for a while? Doug
    My emet started after I had noro as a kid but didn't really come out (or really knew what it was) until I had fp* back in 2008. After that I was terrified. My gallbladder attack didn't really help or make it worse, when my acid reflex acted up that one time it scared me a lot. I was afraid to eat. It's not like the v* was that bad it was the n* before it that was. Last year when my whole family got noro it helped for a little but not by much. 2.5 weeks ago when we had noro I think it did help, I seemed to have calmed down a little but I still fear it for sure and think about it often.

Right now the last time was almost 7 years ago. Before that, it was 10 years and before that it was even longer.

I've v* twice in over 20 years, neither due to sv* it was fp* and only v* once on each occasion, am very lucky that I am generally a well person, cbt also really helped my freak outs

My Grams was born in 1919 and passed in2006. She told me ahe never got sick (v) a day in her life. Never. Ever. I would like that gene.

86/87 years with no v* that's pretty incredible! And based on such a long life, I'd guess she was generally otherwise healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    86/87 years with no v* that's pretty incredible! And based on such a long life, I'd guess she was generally otherwise healthy.
    Are you for real? That is amazing!

That's what Greasydago says, I have no reason to doubt them. I'd love to never v* again, but there are more important things.

The time calculator said

104 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes and 11 seconds

Vomited twice in the last year, but it is probably karma for going a year without it so I think I'm done for the year

I haven't v* since I had noro back when I was 7-8 years old, and I v* 3 times. Now I'm nearly 21. So it's been 13-14 years or so. But I come REALLY close weekly because of alcohol.