Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mint Zantac causing me to panic! Future advice?

I took a Zantac 150mg like I always do, but this one wa sblue and mint flavored. I don't know why anybody would want a mint flavored pill.

I took the pill and now there is a scary cold feeling in the back of my throat. The feeling is similar to what it felt like when I vomited a few weeks ago so I'm pretty scared. The coldness slowed down, but the cooling feeling is in the pit of my throat...

It REALLY confused my brain! I got very nauseated and panicky instantly! I'm shivering slightly.

I've taken the same pill yesterday, but I swallowed it fast enough for the feeling to leave. This time, it would figure that I didn't swallow it successfully and needed to swallow twice for it to fall. THe minty feeling is leaving, and with it my panic, but I want to know how to prevent this in the future? I'm not good at swallowing and the prescribed Ranitidine is HUGE! Like, a whole inch long. I can't swallow that!

I tried to chew a few potato crisps after to cause the feeling to leave but I don't believe I tried enough due to my anxiety nausea. I was gonna drink, but I was afraid.

I need to find a way to prevent this.

Default Re: Mint Zantac causing me to panic! Future advice?

I have taken those "cooling sensation" pills before too. Like you, I initially panicked because it felt strange and I didn't want it to make me gag or something... I don't know of a way to avoid it... Maybe eat a slice of bread as you swallow it? The good news is that the cool sensation does go away, and it WILL NOT make you vomit. I hope this helps to put your mind at ease.

I actually like the mint flavoured pills! The good thing is that that sensation goes away fairly quickly, so hopefully it isn't bothering you anymore. Just buy the non-mint ones next time!

That's a mistake I won't do again! hahaha

The feeling lasted about 20 minutes. I guess I wouldn't mind it if my acid problem caused Heartburn.

It is just flavored to help the heartburn/acid. I did not buy the mint ones just because i was a little put off- but then i wished i had-- the regular ones taste awful as they go down. It will not make you throw up! It is supposed to be pleasant.
    M I D N I G H T

Haha! Maybe a normal person would have liked the feeling but it resembles that uh oh in the back of your throat.

How do you take your pills? If you put the pill in your mouth first, it would likely ru off and you would taste it more. I put the liquid in my mouth first and then the pill like a whirlpool.

Yeah I hate the mint flavored ones too, but they never made me v*. Quite a few out of that batch didn't get used cause I hated them so much.

Haha! Thank god I'm not the only one haha. If you swallow them fast, you only taste the mint, but if you take too long, then the throat distress begins.

Maybe I'll try that, a bunch of my pills taste like ass. Thanks
    M I D N I G H T

Yup! Try to drink something and put the pills in your mouth after and create a "vortex" or "whirlpool" to swallow the pills