Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Increasing Sertraline and problems with menstrual cycle?

Hey, bit of an odd question, but I have felt VERY n* today, and at the same time, I've had times when I've felt really hungry. I have put it down tohaving just started my time of the month.

I increased my dosage of Sertraline from 100mg to 150mg about two weeks ago, and this is my first period since upping it. I've had quite large clots (sorry if TMI) and feel so n*, it's really starting to frighten me now. :-(

Does anyone know if this is linked to the increase in my dosage?

Thanks in advance x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Increasing Sertraline and problems with menstrual cycle?

I'm male so can't answer all your questions but increasing the dose of Steraline can cause N. I am on 150mg too and each time my dose was increased I was N for a while, couldn't eat but also occasionally hungry etc. It's been a long time since my dose was upped so not sure how long the N lasted, but I do remember it was at least a week or two.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Lucky for me I had no side affects when I was on sertraline except dizzy withdrawals when I was coming off them. I didn't have any problems with my time of month but it would be worth talking to your doctor just to check.

How many weeks ago did you increase the Sertraline? Side effects from SSRI's should cease within 2 weeks.

But, period symptoms can change. Maybe you're just having a rough one this month. Happens to me!

I am also on Sertaline.
    M I D N I G H T