Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Exhaustion a side effect of emetophobia?

I am constantly exhausted and sleep well, eat pretty well and don't have any major health issues that I'm aware of.Does anyone else feel constantly tired and is it because of emetophobia? Thinking about and worrying about sickness and v* and performing all our rituals surely is exhausting? So over it

Default Re: Exhaustion a side effect of emetophobia?

Any anxiety disorder can be greatly taxing on your mind. I'm with you on the over it aspect.

It's ironic that my emetophobia causes me anxiety that in turn affects my tummy, giving me IBS and nausea!I've been crying on and off for days as I don't want to get on the plane

On the plane like in airplane? And I know your pain with the anxiety > IBS > anxiety cycle... it really sucks and it isn't fair...

Yes, airplane - I said to my husband this morning I want to cancel and I really do.

No don't cancel it... don't let your anxiety take another win. What are you afraid of on the plane? Being exposed to others or vomiting yourself?

Definitely go on your trip. It'll be fun. Depression can cause sleepiness.

I'm afraid of other people v*, especially as the last domestic flight someone did. I'm terrified people will get airsick or there will be turbulence, making people feel like v* or v*ing or they might have a big. Just anything. I've run myself so down with worry that I actually have a bit of a virus myself, achy, headache, exhausted.

I have flown on all sorts of air craft - military and civilian. Civilian pilots generally fly much smoother and for some reason passenger planes seem handle turbulence better. Cargo craft bounce around all over the place. As long as it's a relatively clear day, you flight should be smooth and boring.

I really hope so, thank you