Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so i was just about to leave work, when my friend who works with me shows up looking not so good. so i asked her what was wrong and she told me she had a really bad cold and she felt nauseous all day and she almost called in. then she told me that she hadALMOST gotten sick on her way into work.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] So now I'm home and freaking out.

I worked with her on Friday, so i could have picked up the germs from her before she was showing the symptoms?!? on friday shegave me her head set to put on(i dodrive thru ata fast food place), and NORMALLY ialways sanitize the headsets before i put it on, but i was being lazy so iasked her ifshewas sick, she said no, and i put it on. plus (i know this is dumb, but it shows how irrational i'm being) my purse was hanging on the same hook as her sweatshirt....[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] UGH! I know I'm being dumb, and i'll prolly be ok...but what if i'm not... a bunch of my friends and i are going out for chinese food tonight, and chinese food isn't exactly a happy tummy food for me, so that makes me nervous enough as it is...

Did i mention i woke up this morning with a tiny sore throat, and so once she told me that she was sick, i began to worry that this is the first sign of getting sick...

somebody tell me i'll be ok, somebody tell me i won't get sick...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Aww, you poor thing, she said she was ALMOST sick right? And that she has a cold. So it isnt' a stomach thing. Some people's stomach get icky w/ a cold but if you've never gotten sick w/ one then there isnt' any reason you would now. Plus you dont' even know if you have the cold, allergies are bad this time of year. Anyhow I hope this helps and you feel better soon. Oh and the chinese food, you dont' have to order anything that may upset your stomach. When I'm unsure about a chinese food I get the rice, or soup or soemthing.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Youre okay, you wont get sick. How often do emets get sick from a cold?!

I am sure you will be fine. It is easy to to wake up with a sore throat in themorning for snoring or if breathing through your mouth a lot.

She could be particulary sensitive to the feelings in her head and thought she was nauseous. If you are going out order light. Nibble on the stuff that isn't really greasy and try for a place that doesn't load the stuff up with MSG that is what is what irritates people more than the food.

Fill us in on how it all goes. BIG hugs.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Agree with Mel, I wake up sometimes with a scratchy throat!

Sounds like your friend just has an upset stomac due to her cold. Sometimes that happens (not usually for emets - but it happens).

You know you are being irrational, which is good you can see that. You won't catch anything from her from having your stuff on the same hook.

As for the Chinese, I know the feeling, ugh. I usually stick with something safe such as noodles.

Anywho, hope you're doing alright, keep in touch!

I'm sure you will be fine. I get a sore throat at night and when I wake up and its defenatly not a sign of getting ill. How did he chineese go?

She also didnt actually v*. People say they feelsick all the time but would never v* from it, they probably just mean to say they feel unwell.

well i know my chances of getting sick are really small, but i'm still really really nervous. I found out that after i left work monday, she did end up getting sick. and now my boyfriend isn't feeling well either. he says his stomach doesn't hurt, but anytime someone is coming down with something i get scared it will turn into a stomach thing. so i'm tryingNOT to avoid food (like i normally would for about 5 days) because now that school is over for the summer, my appitite is back. i want to gain back all the weight i lost during the school year. so i'm telling myself my boyfriend will be ok, it's prolly just the normal flu, and i won't get sick from the girl at work (even though I have to work with her tomorrow!) so wish me luck, cuz i'll need it.

oh and the chinese food was really really good, i actually was having such a good time that i ate like 3 plates of food (it was a buffet) and i didn't feel sick after!!!!!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Woot awsome!!! good for you for enjoying your night.

And awsome for you for eating even though you are worried about catching a bug. Eating WILL be better for you and will help build your immune system. Eat a lot of healthy foods now too.

Not to be a broken record but some people (non Emets) will just give in to feeling sick as well. Good luch though BIG BIG HUGS</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.