Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question!!!

Default Question!!!

I see that a lot of you take phenergan, Zofran, and other prescriptions that seem helpful. My question is, how do you get access to them so often? Does your doctor know about your phobia? I've been to 4 different doctors and not one of them would give me a prescription anti-emetic! Do you guys just have more understanding doctors? It just seems to be an act of congress for me to get a prescription. Even when I had strep throat with a bad fever. The high fever was causing me a great deal of n*. He gave medicine for the fever, but nothing for the n*. It upset me more later that day when I actually started dry heaving. How do all of you always have these medications on hand?

Default Re: Question!!!

Let me clarify that I wasn't just going and asking for them. 2 times I had strep, one time I had an upper respiratory infection, and the last time was a sinus infection in which I had a lot I drainage that was making me feel yucky. I did tell them that I was experiencing nausea and had an extreme phobia of V. I guess I just don't understand why they couldn't give me something.

I have wondered the same thing. I am just too scared to ask because I don't have a legitimate reason, but if I did, I would ask. I just buy Dramamine over the counter. However, it doesn't sound like your doctor is very understanding..
    M I D N I G H T

I think that if your doctor doesn't give you meds it's because he thinks you don't need them. Now, I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but you should open the game with him. Only ask for nausea meds if you really feel like vomiting, taking pills every day or so makes your body get used to them, therefore having a less positive response to it.

Like staystrong said, there are meds you can buy over the counter. I have always used Dramanine when I need (proud to say I haven't bought one in months!) and so far it hasn't let me down.

Oh, and something else. Zofran is for people with cancer. Their nausea is terrible. Zofran isn't a med to be taken every time you have a panic attack. Try anti-depressants first to get your anxiety down. Honestly, I have heard of people who swallowed several tablets of anti-emetics and vomited anyway, so don't rely so much on meds, rely on yourself
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I normally don't take anything for my anxiety nausea because I'm scared it will become a habit and be bad on my stomach in the long run.. I just using breathing and ice cubes! I just asked for it when I was sick because it was different than anxiety nausea. Especially when I had the fever. I guess I'm just curious is to how these people have an abundant supply of prescription meds. I had phenergan in my IV after y c section, and it made me sleep for several hours, so I know I couldn't take that on a regular basis and function!