Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down nieces birthday party -.-

My nieces birthday party is tomorrow. I was excited to go and see all the family until my grandma came down with a sv the night before last and my two cousins who live across the road came down with it yesterday and today. Now I'm thinking I'll probably just skip it. Curse you viruses!!

Default Re: nieces birthday party -.-

Go HAVE FUN. Do not ;et v fear ruin your life. GO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

As you know, much easier said than done. :/
    I hate emetophobia!!!!

I should add that everyone who has been ill will be at the party with only 1 bathroom.

Do what you want to do, if you are too fearful, stay home. BUT, remember how you catch a sv*. You can be in a room FILLED with sick people and stay safe! If it makes you feel better, go and just don't eat! Take a napkin into the bathroom with you to dry your hands on after you use the toilet if you are scared of the bathroom OR wash your hands in the kitchen sink. Do what makes you feel comfortable, but remember that simply by GOING TO the party does not make you sick!

I know I'm supposed to type supportive and encouraging things but I probably wouldn't go either I know you love your niece and will hate to miss out on it but I wouldn't risk it either. But try not to let it upset you. I despise this phobia for controlling people like it does.

I wouldn't have gone either. I don't understand why people would be risk being around people who have had it. I know we're not normal but surely it's not nice even if you're not an emet!

I hope you made it to the party. Remember if they were all sick a few days ago, they probably aren't shedding many germs now. You don't have to eat if you don't want to. Just say you are on a diet or something if people push at you. You don't have to stay long if you don't want to.

Thanks everyone. The party actually isn't until tomorrow but my cousins has it yesterday and today. I don't think I'm going to go. Granted, none of them came to my birthday parties for the last 4-5 years. :/

Have a good time tomorrow. Hopefully, they will decide they just want to lounge around in bed instead of coming. I'm proud of you for deciding to go after all.