Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Cure Your Emetophobia and Thrive question?!

Has anyone ordered the book "Cure Your Emetophobia and Thrive"? I thought about ordering it, but wondering if it would help at all. I have used other anxiety workbooks that have helped with generalized anxiety and panic attacks, but never tried anything for the emetophobia. With cooler weather coming, I would love to have something that would assist me with my fears. It gets so old. I know you all understand. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Cure Your Emetophobia and Thrive question?!

Buy this. It helps!! I've done it and i know.

The book does work, but like I said in the other thread I created about it, you must put in the dedication and really take on board and process what the book tells you.
    It's simple, it's easy, it's effective.
    Our cognitive memory actually only has a retention of about 2 weeks, so with the right techniques and the right mindset, it'll take you roughly 2 to 3 weeks to start seeing changes.
    For example, you eat with your fork in one hand, and knife in the other, if I asked you to switch hands, at first, it'd feel strange, but after about 2 weeks, it'd begin to feel like second nature.
    Keep at it and you'll see results.

I have emetephobia and just purchased the Thrive book.. I have the type of emetephobia where I actually feel sick all the time, do you think this would still be helpful for me?

Yes, the Thrive Programme will definitely be beneficial for you. As it'll help change your way of thinking, so you don't feel nauseous all the time anymore.

Thanks! So excited to start as I am so tired of feeling sick all the time!

Katie, if you ever need any help with the book or advice, I'm a Thrive Consultant. You can check out my site at JenLant.com or email me on [email protected]
    x

Just got back on. I had looked on amazon and there weren't reviews but that doesn't surprise me. Just wondering if anyone had any success with it. Especially with winter and sv season coming. I think that I will give it a try.

rn1071, If you go on the UK Amazon site it has tons of 5 star reviews. That is what made me want to purchase it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cure-Your-Em...ds=emetophobia

There aren't any reviews yet on amazon because the book hasn't been out that long. I've had success with it, and I'm now a Thrive consultant for Rob. So if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Jen.

I am ordering this book, i am so very excited!! My therapist who does CBT said we will work together with the book in addition to the program he has me on!! So excited to try this book out and get over this phobia once and for all!!!

I have recently just bought this, I am going to give it a go and put a lot of effort in. Hopefully the frequency of nausea will decrease to.