Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Having some MAJOR anxiety over my daughter starting school.

School starts on the 3rd. Last year was her first year, and she did catch the stomach flu in February. I felt AWFUL for her. Then it got passed around our whole house. It kills me to watch any of my girls throw up. I managed to avoid it for the most part, when I did catch it I only got the fever/body aches, and some nausea. I'm so nervous for her to start school though. Most parents are excited for the first day of school, but I feel like it's just the beginning of a bomb that's going to go off eventually when she catches that flu again. Now I have a 3 month old baby as well, so one more to catch it. I am breastfeeding, so I'm hoping that will help the baby avoid it.
    I wish I could be excited for her to start school, but all I feel is dread.

Default Re: Having some MAJOR anxiety over my daughter starting school.

*hugs* She may not get sv this year. My kids do not attend public school, but hygiene awareness does seem to be improving with hand sanitizer all around.

Hey there! Just wanted to stop in and offer some support. I actually just graduated public high school this past June and I can say it is not 100% certain that your child will get an sv* every single year. My brother and I are 3 years apart (he's fifteen now and I'm eighteen) and we both were in public school simultaneously and we definitely had some sv* free years in there. the older your daughter gets the more hygienic the kids will be and the stronger the immune system they will have. Hang in there hun

I know every family is different, but I don't think it's typical to get the sv every year in childhood. I know I only had it maybe 3 times as a kid (once in preK, once in elementary, and once in high school) and my husband only remembers having it once in elementary school. We both went to public schools-and I went to a huge one (over 600 kids in elementary, over 3000 in high school).

I am right with you on being scared, though. My DS started preK last week, and I keep waiting for something to come home with him Breastfeeding will protect your baby, so keep it up as long as you can! And fingers crossed...here's hoping it will be a much calmer flu/noro season this year.

My daughter just seems prone to this virus for some reason - she caught it TWICE this year, once in February, and once in May. For her is was really bad in February, and my middle daughter only caught a light version of it from her (only threw up once). In May, my oldest seemed to have a light version of it (threw up twice and was starving by afternoon, feeling much better) and my middle daughter had it really bad.....she was sick like 10 times or something. Lucily, DH and I didn't catch it the second time around, and the baby wasn't born yet so she was safe!