Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Went to the ER for Re-hydration liquids!

Okay, the needle always sucks, but they put it in my forearm which is fine with me. (the inside of my elbow hurts!)That nasty taste with the saline flush kinda made me feel icky for a while... they put 2 small bags of Electrolyte and other liquids into me followed by half of a 2pt bag. They also gave me Zofran which was weird. I was nauseated, but I wasn't nauseated if that makes sense. Will I be safe to take my normal Promethazine to sleep? He prescribed me Zofran so I'll be able to slightly detox my body of Promethazine for like 4 days. I'm not nauseated, which is great, but my right arm is very heavy and weak. Scared it could be early signs of infection. Also, the injection point is hurting. I had this 12 hours ago so why would it hurt this late? Also, my intestines have been making TONS of noise ever since I got the fluids. Is it because they were so dry that material can actual pass more easily? I don't know - noise in my intestines scare me even if it doesn't hurt.

Default Re: Went to the ER for Re-hydration liquids!

I do feel much better! My vision is fine - no more sparkly thingies; my disorientation has reduced; my weakness is fleeting and my attention is returning. I took by accident 4 25mg promethazine 2 days ago so I needed to hose my blood-system anyways. (Instead of taking my Mirtazipine and Ranitidine, I took promethazine - my color coordination was gone with my confusion) I still get dizzy and I have a massive pain in the back of my neck, but I think that was shopping and stuffs!

You really need to try to get your water intake by mouth. It is SO hard on your body to become so dehydrated.
    Your arm is sore because it had a big needle in it with fluids pumping in quickly. Put a warm conpress on it and move it around as much as possible to work out the soreness. I'm glad you're feeling better, but you HAVE to start drinking more water. Hospital bills will eat you alive.

Why/how did you get so dehydrated?

I know jparsons93, but if it were up to me, I'd drink as I please but that is simply not the case.

@lemontree: I drink and get nauseated, over and over, and over, and over. I will not say it is anxiety and I'm honestly not that dense to place it always on that.

I used to be the same way. You just gotta get your tummy used to it. Ironically, that can be caused by dehydration.

glad you are feeling better! Take care of yourself.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Yup! I am used to water finally so I've replaced every other drink with water finally. I grew Dehydrated because I randomly couldn't drink anything but Gatorade. They made me drink Ginger Ale while I was being Hydrated so I was kinda forced into getting used to Sparkling drinks.

I love the Canada Dry Ten! There's always se in my fridge! Haha. It will help my heartburn/indigestion when nothing else will. Once you start drinking more and more you'll be amazed at how much better you feel all the time.