Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Setback with my trip - advice on turbulence

I'm going overseas next week and am totally panicking.
    I've taken advice from members and not trawled websites looking for stories but then heard that Jessie j singer say she flew London to Sydney and she had the worst turbulence ever.
    Now I'm worried again. We're flying Sydney-Singapore-Rome.
    Does anyone know if turbulence is common in this flight path or pretty rare? I know it can happen anytime anywhere but just generally.
    Thank you

Default Re: Setback with my trip - advice on turbulence

Hello!
    Well I've been to America from the UK about 6 times, and going again this september! (approx 9 hour flight)
    And I've flown to other places in Europe.
    To be honest, it's been rare that I've witnessed turbulence, I think it's happened about 2 times and even then it was nothing serious or scary.
    Please don't be worried, even if there's a bit of turbulence, it never lasts long!

take care xx

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~

Thanks - I have just heard so many horror stories about it being so bad that people v* and that is just freaking me out.

Do you know the term, "if you look for trouble it will find you"? Really, you need to NOT look online for stories of turbulence or ask about it. When you google it, you'll find what you're looking for that you really DON'T want to read!!! Truth is, as big as the plane is that you are going to be flying over on there is little to no chance of you feeling anything. REALLY! I have flown from the US to England and didn't feel a thing! You will be 100% great. STOP GOOGLING! People only share stories that are going to scare people and I swear that at least half make them up, the rest are exaggerating. You are going to have a great time. Bring a magazine, a few books, kick back, relax and enjoy your trip. Nothing bad is going to happen!

The only bad turbulence I have experienced was in a military cargo plane. They are built for maximum storage space not creature comfort (ie very cold, crappy seats with no padding, no bathroom, etc). The worst I've ever experienced on a civilian passenger aircraft is a little shaking. Nothing bad. Not even as bad as an amusement park ride.

I think you'll be fine. Try to focus on the excitement of going to Rome. That's going to be fantastic!

What do others take for anti nausea meds? I have a small flight to do must am terrified of motion sickness. I have to drive at the other end so can't be zonked out. And am scared that those meds could make you nauseous also.