Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Dealing with Bipolar II

Any help is appreciated. I was diagnosed with Bipolar II. I understand what it is, and I agree I have it. I guess I just wondered if anyone here has it, and some coping strategies for the ups and downs. I notice when I'm "up" my emet is much worse than when I'm "down". Anyone?

Default Re: Dealing with Bipolar II

Hi,
    Your in luck i am a fellow type 2 bipolar...I just deal with it...When i know i am manic i dont sleep much. I have just dealt with it for years and these days i dont think twice about it and know that with in a week i'll be fine... Its my other issues that cause me problems... I just thought i would let you know your not alone

Really, the only thing that ever helped me deal with mine was taking my medication. It's a chemical imbalance, so the medication (which is a crazy amount, for me atleast) evens out everything as much as possible. But like XxLovexX said, I really just sleep less now a days when I'm manic, and sleep quite a lot when I'm depressive. Other than that it's minor mood changes! You're not alone!

I should add that my brother was bipolar I. I watched him suffer when I was a teen (he was in his early 20's.) He was out of control, I watched him hit our mom and grand mother, spend time in and out hospitals, and at times destroy windows, walls, TV's etc...) I did all I could to stay away from him and the disease. Also, he died at 27 when I was 19. His death was heart related, but the medication he was on contributed to his early death. Well honestly the fact that he mixed his anti anxiety and depression medicine with large amounts of alcohol is the main culprit. In other words I am terrified to take the medicine my doctor recently prescribed. I just keep trying to deal with things on my own.