Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default dad died... family sick

My dad just died and now my family is sick. I am freaking out. My sister v* a few days ago when it first happened which I was ok with because I knew it was from emotions. Now my brothers sick.... and he's not emotional about my dad so he's actually sick. I'm so scared.... someone help please

Default Re: dad died... family sick

WoofGirl, come to the chat if you want, we'll talk!

http://****************/25904408063855 (password is peptob)

sorry to hear about your dad....I know how stressful that can be. just keep your good hygiene....sounds like you didn't catch it from your sister so there's no reason for you to catch it from your brother. try and get some rest and my thoughts are with you all
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. Your brother may be more upset than he appears. The others are right, just keep up the good hygiene like you usually do.

So sorry to hear about your father. It does sound like more emotion/stress/bereavement rather than an illness to me, so I think on the v* front, you'll be OK. It's awful to have a parent die, I remember feeling sick loads when my dad died last year. It's a lot for anyone's body to cope with. Our thoughts are with you.

So sorry for the loss of your Dad. Earlier this year at my grndpa's wake i remember feeling extremely yucky and spent the whole time at the funeral home sitting by myself, just positive that I'd caught some bug. I even had d that night. Turns out it was my anxiety, nerves and sadness in overdrive so it's very likely the same thing is happening to your brother and sister.
    You and your family are in my thought-again I'm very sorry for your loss
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

So sorry, HUGS. Keep trying chat, there are people there diff times of day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Wow, that's so terrible So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my parent! It's heartbreaking just knowing someone else has lost one ( Maybe u could try to stay away from your sick siblings for right now, wash your hands often...clean with bleach.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I'm sorry for your loss. Greig can manifest in many ways, so the sickness could be from that and not a virus. Just keep your hands clean,and you should be ok.

So sorry to hear about your dad. Hows everyone doing now? Like the others have said grief affects people differently. Thinking of you

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I agree with other comments that there is a high chance that your brother's sickness is a reaction to the bereavement - whether he's emotional outwardly or not, there are MASSIVE chemical changes that are sparked by something so huge. I lost my Dad at the end of last year, very suddenly. As soon as I heard the news I felt instantly nauseated and was flapping around screaming - a mix of anguish and anxiety about possibly being sick. I never did throw up, but for the first two months or so I felt constant nausea - but as I said it was very sudden and a HUGE shock. I think as long as you accept your body is going to react to the mental trauma and 'go with it', you won't be sick. Hugs xxx