Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It happened, i should be fired as mother!

Due to my recent knee surgery I have been sleeping in the recliner for the past few days. I wake up hearing my daughter cough real hard and then I hear her not in her bedroom but in our. I go in there and he was stripping the bed. She had thrown up in her bed and our bed. I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I can even go near her and that makes me want to hurt myself. He put all the sheets and stuff in a pile in front of the washer. I am in the living room, can I be exposed to those sitting there? When I put her blanket in the washer I covered my face with my t-shirt then washed my hands twice with soap and water. I am so scared right now its not even funny. I believe she has just thrown up a 3rd time all within about 30 mins. I don't understand she doesn't go to school or daycare or anything....I wash her hands constantly. Whats even worse is her dad is cleaning her up and what if he doesn't take proper precautions....I asked if he washed his hands good after cleaning her up and he was like well yeah....he doesn't understand what this is doing to me right now....how do I explain without him getting mad at me and thinking its stupid. I cant even hold my fucking kid right now bc of this emet! I am so disgusted at myself right now its not even funny. She had a small bowl of pasta shells before bed and that is what she is throwing up. I had them too but its just plain pasta. She is acting completely normal between episodes Although the last one when I walked in, he was giving her a peppermint, probably not the best idea. Please help me, its late and im alone....help

Default Re: It happened, i should be fired as mother!

Also, is the stuff being washed once ok or should I double rinse...also, now she is having D and my husband said it is very very smelly....I don't know to do...
    Last edited by sarahcox; 08-22-2013 at 03:34 AM.

It should be fine getting washed once. You can double rinse if it will make you feel better, though. If it won't ruin the blankets, etc, you can add bleach for extra insurance.

Wash your hands. If you want to, you can wear gloves to handle the laundry and while you are cleaning. Remember that bleach kills noro, as well as lysol spray, so you could lysol things like toys or stuffed animals that you can't bleach.

It sounds like your DH is helping a lot, which is great. Concentrate on what you can handle right now, even if that is just cleaning. It always helps me to clean when my anxiety is high. You may find that your DD will sleep a lot today, which is even better for getting the cleaning done.

I am guess your daughter is a toddler. Who knows what she may have eaten? Kids squirrel away things all over the house and consider them their little snack shack no matter how disgusting or old they are. She may not be sick with sv. Or it could be rota which you cannot get. It smells terrible, but is not contagious for grown ups. Keep cleaning. It helps me, too. I have never double rinsed, but I do usually try to dry on high to kill any leftover germs. *hugs* I know you're scared, but you're doing fine. I am guessing this is your first bout of v with her since she is no longer a baby and it looks and smells like "real" v. It's tough, but you can do this. We're all here for you.

This is the worst, I know, and you should NOT be fired as a mother! We all had this happen to different degrees. I can't take care of mine either and it sucks. Just keep washing. Maybe wash the sheets again. I have found that sometimes the smell remains unless you use hot water (found one of my son's sheets like months later, UGH!!). Yes, as they get older it gets more challenging, but then gets better again as they grow more and are more independent. Hang in there, try to do something for you that relaxes you. It will pass!!

does this sound like a bug or just a toddler episode...she did eat a decent amount of pasta right before bed then had an hour long temper tantrum....no fever and acting completely fine. she woke up this morning asking for juice and food...I gave her some sips of juice and a small piece of bland toast...do you think that's ok? how long would it take for her to be sick if she was going to??? im so scared its a bug....im spraying everything down.

I think she's fine. It's probably just a toddler thing. *hugs*

thanks everyone

It could be a toddler thing. My sonhas made himself v before from a temper tantrum.
    Last edited by mamacat; 08-22-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Glad she is doing better today I hope you can both get some rest this afternoon. It could go either way, as far as being a bug or not. Kids v for all kinds of crazy reasons. I always treat kid v as though it could be contagious, though, just to be safe.

I tried to put her down for a nap and she just cried really hard so I got her up so she wouldn't work herself up...she keeps saying her belly hurts but she hasn't been sick in almost 11 hours. I have just given her a popsicle and shes watching a movie....when I asked her if her belly would feel better with one she said yes, but I don't think she knows whats shes talking about...or she is just really hungry and that's whats making her belly hurt...my hubby just left for work and a friend is here with me but im still so scared and im working myself up I don't know what I will do if she gets sick while hes not here.

They make some children's pepto that works pretty well for my nieces. You might try that. Could be rota or just a regular upset tummy. My best friends daughter throws up almost every time she gets really upset. I guess their little tummies just don't kbow how to handle their emotions sometimes.

our ped told us that tummy bugs can involve cramps, and they don't know how to explain that. if you have children's tylenol, that usually helps with the cramping. that would make sense with the diarrhea she had too. hang in there. it will be over soon and she will be back to her normal self.

How old is she? You said before that she had a lot of v*ing as a babe due to reflux and some GI stuff. Could be that it's acting up again. If she hasn't been anywhere to catch a bug than I highly doubt that's it. I am sure it's over and done with. If she was getting sick over night it could be that her stomach is still sensitive. If it makes you feel better, give her a bowl or bucket and tell her that if she thinks that she's going to v* that she needs to do it in there. I doubt she will though. If it's been over 11 hours she's done. Just be sure to give her foods that are sensitive on her tummy. Crackers, rice, etc. No milk or dairy. (((HUGS)))

thanks syrup...shes working on a popscicle now...seems to be going alright

How old is your daughter? My boys had a lot of random v* as toddlers.

she will be 3 mid sept

from the sound of it, all of her v*ing was within a 1/2 hour? That doesn't sound like a virus to me. When my boys are actually ill, they v* on and off for a few hours (about 6). I think she's fine! Still clean up (obviously) and I would make sure that YOU scrub her hands after going #2 for about a week, but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much! Hope she is perking up a bit!

I just talked to my mom about it...the baby has a lot of belly problems as it is..along with bad GERD...I remember while I was cleaning up last night...nothing ever smelled like vomit. I asked my husband and I wont be too graphic, but it was undigested....so that leads me to believe it was just what I gave her last night...WHICH makes me feel 10x worse bc I gave her something to eat too late and she got sick bc of it...bleh

Don't feel bad, we've all been there! GERD and vomiting in children go hand in hand. Try not to stress about it. Learn from the experience and move on. If it was a short period of time with a few v*ing episodes I am sure it was just her reflux acting up. Won't be a problem tonight. Get a good night of rest and know that no harm was done (except to your laundry pile! )

Yeah, if it wasn't a virus, then she may have just had her food laying on her stomach or she ate too fast and didn't chew her food properly...dont know what to say about the diarrhea though. Maybe she had to go and was backed up causing her to vomit too? I am glad she is feeling better now as I'm sure you are!

Hope things are going well for you and your little one. I know It's so frustrating when you can't help your own children, and on top of it we feel like the worst most selfish parents in the world. But we aren't; we just struggle with our issues just the same as every other parent in the world. Ours just happens to be a debilitating phobia that consumes us every moment of our lives! So actually I think we might be working harder than most lol!

She is doing just fine although woke up last night with a bellyache. She usually has one once a week it seems but its usually gas. Gas x and a few mins later shes farting and back to sleep. Really freaked me out though bc I was scared she was going to be sick again. I think shes saying her belly hurts now bc of all the attention she got. Hopefully we are past this and I can move on. Thanks for all the replies.

I'm sure that's why she's saying she's having a bellyache all the time now. I'm glad she's better.