Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Zofran (Ondansetron) and Phenergan (Promethazine) interactions?

I have Zofran 4mg from my visit to the hospital and I have about 1 or 2 Promethazine 25mg tablets left.

What do I take? I've read that this can cause a breathing problem which would be terrifying; however, with several pathways closed, my risk of vomiting is lowered.

After my hospital visit on the 22th, I hadn't ​defecated since then which is starting to cause bloating and indigestion mixed with slight nausea after I eat. Every time I ingest Zofran, it ALWAYS seems to cause some sort of disturbance within my Intestine - whether that be an IBS flare or severe constipation, really depends on the time of year weirdly enough.

I'm just here, wondering if it would be safe to take a 25mg and a 4mg Promethazine and Ondansetron together. Again, I've checked online, but since my intestines are slow and I've been getting nausea more often, I'm starting to think it is worth it.

On a more happy note: I've been feeling awesome as of late! I've only had 6 nauseated periods of 5 minutes or more in the last 5 days! That's awesome for me! My anxiety has been low and I've been great! (until now ironically) I'm thinking the Hydration at the hospital probably have something to do with it. Oh and me actually drinking more than 32ounces a day haha!

Default Re: Zofran (Ondansetron) and Phenergan (Promethazine) interactions?

I'm glad you've been feeling better! Its amazing what a little fluids can do, huh? Keep up the good work and you will continue to feel amazing.
    Zofran can cause constipation. Prolonged use of promethazine can cause neurological tics. It is not recommended to take either on a daily basis for more than a couple days. Unless you're actially sick or experiencing "true nausea" you should just try to go a night without either. You might be surprised after going a couple days without nausea meds at how much better ypu feel (less brain fog, les fatigue, better bowels, etc.).

I would love to try that - a day or two without anti nausea medication, but it feels like I'm way too far down the road to try cold turkey haha. I take 1 and a half on a day that I'm not nauseated and up to 4 on nauseated days. When I try to sleep without taking one, anxiety overwhelms me haha.

Slowly wean yourself off. You can develop a true addiction to them just like you can crack or heroin. You don't wanna live your life that way. I got addicted to Ativan and would sometimes have up to 4 mg/day. When I noticed myself getting so dependant on it and freaking the hell out if I ran low I knew it was time to quit it withdrawal from bezos is bad. Mine was exceptionally worse because I have a heart problem that it affected. My anxiety was substantially wprse for a couple weeks but now I don't take anything at all besides birth control and heart medicine. If I can do it, you can do it I promise!

have you ever had a gastric timing test? there are meds that help with moving the stomach along and it also helps N and V...I just started a couple weeks ago after being diagnosed with gastroparesis and its been great!

Oh no I'm a crack head! haha! I've been dependent on them for several years - about 4 years.

So it does get worse before better? Knowing me, I'd vomit the second day of not taking them.

I have had a Gastric Emptying test but I had it done when my IBS and general Nausea issues were low. It said I digested a little faster than normal.

It does for a bit but I never got that nauseated during withdrawal. I just had had mostly neurological side effects. I've never had withdrawal from am antiemetic.

i have taken both these meds at the same time...never had an issue... very much anti emetic dependent... Slowly weening myself off both... Zolfran def can cause constipation. Good luck hope you feel better soon.